Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 alpha 1

Default Update 1.21.3

How are you liking the new update? i am not seeing any improvement at all. In fact, I believe the gps tracking to be slower than on 1.20. the app seems to crash more often as well. It has locked up so that I need to reboot my phone. Haven't had to pull the battery yet. Anyone else want to comment?
    Last edited by Devtodi; 03-20-2013 at 05:27 PM.
    Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean people aren't after you.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 alpha 1

Default Re: Update 1.21.3

Quote Originally Posted by Devtodi View Post
    How are you liking the new update? i am not seeing any improvement at all. In fact, I believe the gps tracking to be slower than on 1.20. the app seems to crash more often as well. It has locked up so that I need to reboot my phone. Haven't had to pull the battery yet. Anyone else want to comment?
    Really? No one? I am so surprised as I have a GS3 rooted on stock and the game is definitely not as smooth. I can' believe that I am the only one.

Global Posts
    1,666 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The GPS is most certainly wonky. I don't know about "slower", but it drifts around a lot more, seems to keep moving for a bit after I stop, etc. I know of at least one other person with an S3 who appears to have more complaints than I did about this update, though. I'm rocking the oh-so-powerful HTC Thunderbolt! Feel the fury, baby!

There have been a few improvements. Selecting a key while making a link is nowhere near as horrible an experience as it once was. The portal submission tool is very nice. Overall the app feels less laggy, as has been true with most of the updates.

If I leave the app and go back, I'll occasionally get a lockup followed by a "stopped responding" force close. But that's been pretty much true all along.

Did you try a "clear app data" from application management? I find that I need to do that at least every couple of weeks or the app gets a whole lot less stable. The occasional degunkification seems to help a lot.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 alpha 1

great suggestion - I cleared the data and let it reboot and now it's sweet again. Thanks.

Global Posts
    1,666 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Devtodi View Post
    great suggestion - I cleared the data and let it reboot and now it's sweet again. Thanks.
    Glad it worked. It's probably a good idea to clear app data every week or so, and most certainly after each app upgrade - preferably when you're in Wifi range so it can re-cache everything quickly.