- 40 Posts
Portals in cemeteries?
I'd post this to the official forums, but it seems there's only the G+ page, and I have no idea how to post there. Why couldn't Google have left the groups up?
In my town, there's three portals in the local cemetery. One is at the front gate. The second shows a picture of the gate, but is actually on the right side of a circle around more recent graves. The third seems to show a marker that's made to look like a tree, but is next to an actual tree by the road that comes out the left side of the circle. Also near more recent graves.
I don't feel comfortable hacking and attacking portals while people are nearby visiting their departed loved ones. If we were talking about graves of important people who've been dead for over 50 years, or even graves of major international figures whenever they died, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Anyone think I'm over reacting? Or should I report these two portals?
How exactly do I go about reporting a portal?
- 01-12-2014, 02:35 AM #2
- 01-12-2014, 02:36 AM #3
- 01-12-2014, 10:08 AM #4
- 91 Posts
Re: Portals in cemeteries?
If you are uncomfortable with them don't go. In my city we have a war memorial right inside the gates that has a portal on it. I would occasionally go and hack/capture, but I didn't feel comfortable visiting it often and I am one of those cemetery walkers you see on occasion. Although a beautiful headstone shouldn't make you feel bad. They are testaments to the lives of those who have passed a symbol of a family's love for that person and in essence a work of art. Public/City cemeteries are all within the terms and as long as players are being respectful it shouldn't be a problem.
Sent from my Nexus 4Sent from my CR-48. ;P
- 01-12-2014, 10:16 AM #5If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
- 01-13-2014, 10:08 AM #6
Re: Portals in cemeteries?
Im a member of a local resistance community and we have all agreed NOT to submit or farm near elementary schools, middle schools, (some highschools to) and some parks that frequent small children. Dog parks are OK..
The reason being is some of us feel either creepy or creeped out sitting in some of those areas playing a game.. To a passing motorist or cop they might see us hanging out watching kids..
So i can understand your reluctance to play near a cemetery..
I know some players also avoid churches.. LOL
- 01-14-2014, 07:44 AM #7If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
- By damdam109 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 5Last Post: 04-05-2014, 06:10 AM
- By angelisawesome in forum SprintReplies: 9Last Post: 01-19-2014, 07:01 AM
- By donb2010 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 01-12-2014, 01:35 AM
- By justjohn99 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 2Last Post: 01-11-2014, 11:39 PM
- By joshwithachance in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 01-11-2014, 10:44 PM