Ingress is having server trouble starting up

Laser Caesar

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Out of no where about a month ago Ingress would start freezing at the first loading page, or it would keep spinning for hours. Or it would move to the map and not be able to lock on to a location or freeze. Or it would load but I would have no data.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Blaze, and it worked fine for a long time but now it has a roughly 5% chance of starting up properly. I've sent error reports many many times. I just reformatted my phone and now it seems even worse.

I have also notice that when I close it down I will still hear the background noise. I have used every task manager I can to Force Stop the Ingress, I've even uninstalled it, but nothing short of a phone restart will shut it up and stop draining my battery.

Please help, Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Out of no where about a month ago Ingress would start freezing at the first loading page, or it would keep spinning for hours. Or it would move to the map and not be able to lock on to a location or freeze. Or it would load but I would have no data.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Blaze, and it worked fine for a long time but now it has a roughly 5% chance of starting up properly. I've sent error reports many many times. I just reformatted my phone and now it seems even worse.

I have also notice that when I close it down I will still hear the background noise. I have used every task manager I can to Force Stop the Ingress, I've even uninstalled it, but nothing short of a phone restart will shut it up and stop draining my battery.

Please help, Thank you for your time.
This sounds like an issue on the services end, not your device. Have you made contact with the Developer to see if there is a fix, or an idea of what the problem could be?