Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Inspire Cases/Accesories

I know that it's still a week before the Inspire comes out but I want to have a case ready so I can slap it on as soon as I walk out of the ATT store. I have read that the HTC Desire cases should fit the Inspire cases but can anyone who has received a review product of the Inspire confirm this?

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you go to , select the shop tab and set your device to "Inspire 4g".

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk
    "In valor, there is hope."
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the link. I forgot to add that I'm specifically trying to buy an Ottorbox case so if that helps my cause I'd greatly appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by hanurk View Post
    Thanks for the link. I forgot to add that I'm specifically trying to buy an Ottorbox case so if that helps my cause I'd greatly appreciate the help.
    Check out the Desire HD Otterbox

I cannot confirm this but I bet we can simply use Desire HD cases. It's the same device with the Inspire having some better internals.

I'm going to be ordering a Desire HD screen protector for sure...has to be the same, imo.

ROM
    MIUI

It would be awesome if the same cases worked with the Inspire, unlike Apple that altered their Verizon phones just enough to make all ATT cases unusable.

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Apple had to modify their CDMA IPhone because they don't know how to build a phone right the first time. HTC is on point and I bet it fits...

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk
    "In valor, there is hope."

The case I will be getting:

The case I will be purchasing:

ROM
    Stock

Any method of HDMI output on this thing?

Quote Originally Posted by textiaac View Post
    Any method of HDMI output on this thing?
    Yeah it is DLNA equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Chappie View Post
    The case I will be purchasing:

That looks like a great case! Where are you going to get it from? Your image link is from a UK webaddress... Is there a US store?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleW View Post
    That looks like a great case! Where are you going to get it from? Your image link is from a UK webaddress... Is there a US store?

Thanks!
    Not sure, my first bit of snooping will be to see how much it will cost to get it shipped here, and then if it shows up on ebay.

The case is made by HTC from my understanding, so I believe they may release it here in the states as well.

Here is the link to the actual item page:

I have one of the case-mate tough cases for my Nexus 1 and love it. I will probably be going this route. Now to find an upright charger that has a spare battery charger with it because this battery is going to SUCK! (Over a year on android so I have grown accustomed to bad battery life and have adapted my life around it.)

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I've been looking at HTC Desire Otterbox Defender case reviews on youtube and noticed that the desire's screen protector part has holes for the buttons on the bottom of the phone while the Inspire has capacitive buttons. Will this make a difference?

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeh177 View Post
    You ordered it? I will need to know what your thoughts are ASAP. This is the case I am looking for when I get the phone, and would like a first hand review.

From what I gather, it's one of those in between cases... Not a hard case, but not a soft case... let me know man!

Quote Originally Posted by Loiselle View Post
    You ordered it? I will need to know what your thoughts are ASAP. This is the case I am looking for when I get the phone, and would like a first hand review.

From what I gather, it's one of those in between cases... Not a hard case, but not a soft case... let me know man!
    Will do.
    Thanked by:

I ordered a Desire HD commuter otterbox.

I believe DHD cases will fit on inspire just fine. Seidio is advertising DHD/Inspire cases on their website. So either they are designing blanket cases with built in "wiggle room" or they know that the two devices are of the same dimensions.

Will post review on the 13th.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

I actually purchased a seidio innocase for my blackberry which included a hard plastic case (in two halves that clicked together) and a plastic 'membrane' covering the screen. However, it would frequently get dirt and debris between the screen and the membrane. The membrane actually stained lol. Does the otterbox have the same issue?

FWIW I emailed Otterbox and they said the Desire HD case would not fit the Inspire.

Quote Originally Posted by erict6 View Post
    FWIW I emailed Otterbox and they said the Desire HD case would not fit the Inspire.

thats a bigger buzz then buzz killington....

im sure otterbox being a top notch case will step up once the phone is on the street.. shame it doesnt fit though. they look too alike for it not to.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

could be a marketing ploy to prevent people from reusing cases and/or allowing them to up the price on brand new Inspire cases.

wrong forum, sorry
    Last edited by wpbfjr; 02-10-2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: wrong forum, sorry

ROM
    Sabsa Prime for Inspire

Quote Originally Posted by Blanco720 View Post
    could be a marketing ploy to prevent people from reusing cases and/or allowing them to up the price on brand new Inspire cases.
    I totally agree, it has to be the marketing department.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast