Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Desire Otterbox Fit Inspire??

Does anyone know if the Otterbox cases for the HTC Desire will fit the HTC Inspire? I'm assuming they should since they are the same model and have the same form factor but I'm just wondering if there are any little differences between the 2 phones that would cause an issue when trying to use a case for the Desire on the Inspire.

It should - or so I'm told. Beware there's the Desire and the Desire HD. I don't know what the difference is, if any. My understanding that the Desire HD is the exact match case-wise.

I just ordered a Desire HD case yesterday so we'll see. Also see the forum on accessories. There's a post in there about cross compatibility between Desire HD cases and the Inspire.

ROM
    RCMixHD 4.1 Gingerbread

I don't know I think the dimensions are slightly different. Try it and let us know how it goes lol

ROM
    Cm7

Dimensions are identical. The thickness is .2 mm bigger than the desire hd.

My local att store had a speck case and it's actually pretty nice. Rubber inside coating so it won't scratch and pliable outer shell.

Not sure if this helps the OP though.

I contacted OtterBox directly and was told they are not compatible. Also to check their FB page and website for a future product for the Inspire.

Quote Originally Posted by ggong5150 View Post
    I contacted OtterBox directly and was told they are not compatible. Also to check their FB page and website for a future product for the Inspire.
    This doesn't make sense to me. They are physically identical are they not?? I ordered one anyways. We will see...

I ordered the Otterbox Commuter for Desire HD for my Inspire. I will find out soon how well it fits. It is a shame to cover such a nice phone!

ROM
    MIUI

The Inspire is just slightly thicker, but even so, people at XDA report that they fit their Inspires.

Good News ALL! The Otterbox defender case for the HTC desire HD is FULLY compatible with my HTC Inspire 4G. I am using it right now. The ATT store had NO cases on the 13th. Lucky i took the gamble and ordered the case in advance. The measurements of difference between the Desire HD and Inspire 4G were VERY minimal.

I can't speak about the Otterbox commuter case, but the defender case definitely fits.
    Last edited by dantheezell; 02-15-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmolloy View Post
    I ordered the Otterbox Commuter for Desire HD for my Inspire. I will find out soon how well it fits. It is a shame to cover such a nice phone!
    So did I.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheezell View Post
    Good News ALL! The Otterbox defender case for the HTC desire HD is FULLY compatible with my HTC Inspire 4G. I am using it right now. The ATT store had NO cases on the 13th. Lucky i took the gamble and ordered the case in advance. The measurements of difference between the Desire HD and Inspire 4G were VERY minimal.

I can't speak about the Otterbox commuter case, but the defender case definitely fits.
    Any pics...still waiting for mine to come in the mail. Glade to hear it works.

Default A couple of pics showing my inspire 4g in an otterbox defender case.

As requested:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC Desire Otterbox Fit Inspire??-img_0001.jpg   HTC Desire Otterbox Fit Inspire??-img_0002.jpg  

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Are there any issues with the flash reflecting into the lense when taking pictures? I think its just a problem if the 2 holes are connected like on some cases. Just curious.

Anybody have pics of their Inspire in a Otterbox Commuter case?

Quote Originally Posted by anthonok View Post
    Are there any issues with the flash reflecting into the lense when taking pictures? I think its just a problem if the 2 holes are connected like on some cases. Just curious.
    I was wondering the same thing. Just ordered mine yesterday off eBay for $30.

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brahob View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Just ordered mine yesterday off eBay for $30.
    sweet let us know please. Thats one of the deal breakers for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheezell View Post
    As requested:
    Thanks for the pics man, it's nice actually seeing the overall fit and finish of the case. I can now order the defender with peace of mind.

I just got my Desire HD Otterbox Defender for my Inspire 4G- It works perfectly!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC Desire Otterbox Fit Inspire??-snapshot_20110219.jpg   HTC Desire Otterbox Fit Inspire??-snapshot_20110219_1.jpg  
    Last edited by HUMMERH3; 02-19-2011 at 06:35 AM.

I got my defender series today, fits like a glove, my only complaint is that I cannot access the headphone jack while it is in the holster, I will have to dremmel it out,
    Also cool is that the holster on the defender doubles as a kick stand

Just got the Commuter case today and it fits and works perfectly!! Don't know why Otterbox said it wouldn't work.

Commuter Case Desire HD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC Desire Otterbox Fit Inspire??-dsc00244.jpg   HTC Desire Otterbox Fit Inspire??-dsc00241.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

To those with the Defender cases, Does it have a screen shield built in like the cases for the iPhone 3G(S) ?

Interesting, just checked OtterBox's website and they are sold out of the Desire HD Defender and Commuter cases. Seems as if everyone caught on even though they were telling the public it was not compatible with the Inspire 4G.

Default HTC inspire/desire HD

Check out Ottorbox website now, they acknowledge it is the same case, it is listed as inspire/desireHD. But it still shows sold out. I got one coming from Amazon.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast