extended battery?

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found a good extended battery? There is one on amazon but it is only 1300 maHr and the one in the phone is 1240. This seems like a very minimal jump unless I am mistaken. Someone help please!

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
There are 1600mAH batteries on eBay and they are from China and really cheap which worries me. They are lithium ion as well but don't know how the quality of these batteries or the charges hold up. Anyone purchase and using them yet?

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
There are 1600mAH batteries on eBay and they are from China and really cheap which worries me. They are lithium ion as well but don't know how the quality of these batteries or the charges hold up. Anyone purchase and using them yet?

I would recommend not buying those. They're only $10. That should be your first clue.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I noticed today at BB that they have extended batteries for the EVO 4G (also works with Incredible, Eris, and a few other HTC phones) and other phone manufacturers and they are 1750 mAH and $49.95.

tallal565

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
i used a 1600 Mah battery from ebay. worthless

i was pretty excited that it actually turned on, but i have app that tells you how much time on 3g, on edge, idle you have left. it was the same between the two batteries.

the ebay battery died MUCH quicker than the stock. it would lose 15% on my drive to my class. the stock one only lost 8%. its wierd how a bigger battery dies faster than a smaller.

but i would stay away from them.

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
i was pretty excited that it actually turned on, but i have app that tells you how much time on 3g, on edge, idle you have left. it was the same between the two batteries.

the ebay battery died MUCH quicker than the stock. it would lose 15% on my drive to my class. the stock one only lost 8%. its wierd how a bigger battery dies faster than a smaller.

but i would stay away from them.

What app is that?

Eric D.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a 1600 mAh on eBay for my Inspire but it was dented in shipping. NEVER PUT A DAMAGED BATTERY IN A PHONE! Still waiting on the new one. When I ordered one for my Aria, it was worth it -- $4 and got 25% more battery life. You just have to remember the following steps when changing your battery:

1. Charge new battery to 100%
2. Unplug and reboot into clockword recovery and reset battery stats
3. Reboot phone and charge for a few more hours.

I'm not sure of any way to reset battery stats other than in clockwork. Good luck!

Armex

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I brought an extended life battery for my Inspire 4g from a company in Great Britain on EBAY for 25 bucks and it works great. the life of the battery is 2650 MAH. The company is named E_CELL they make business batteries.:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer