1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs up Decent Battery Replacement

Bought it on the bay, came from California, original box appears to be from Hong Kong. Had it for almost 5 days now, been holding up pretty good but then again I'm not a big battery hog but that 1230 mAh just ain't gonna cut it. Cost me $25 shipped. It seems to be a replacement battery for the Desire HD showing 1600 mAh. Here are my settings:

*Not Rooted*

Screen Brightness: 15%
    Wifi: On only when I'm at home.
    Auto-Sync: Off
    Data Network: On only when I'm out.
    Widgets: Clock (3/12) & Friend Stream (2/2)
    Updates: Set to manually when the app is open.
    Weather: Every 3 hours.
    Vibrate Feedback: Off
    LED Notification: All Off
    GPS: Off

Normal daily usage is about few 5 minute phone calls, dozens of texts, about an hour total of web browsing, couple pics here and there, and perhaps 30 minutes of music via headphone when I walk my dog.

Stock Battery (100%): 13 Hours till the next charge
    Aftermarket Battery (100%): 60 Hours till the next charge

do you have a link to the auction you used?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I don't know why the link isn't working for me but anyways here's the item number, just put it in the search engine.

I know it says "1500 mAh" in the description but mines arrived with a 1600 mAh. Anyways, this is just my input on this battery. I'd recommended doing as instructed by charging your battery 4-6 hours before inserting it into the phone.

Just ordered the same thing on EBay for 11.00 dol. Comin from china on the slow boat but its the same thing ca. is puttin out. If you dont need it right away a few weeks isnt bad to wait. Glad to see people are fing these jewels

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It will be interesting to see how well the aftermarket batteries last/work, I'll be following this thread for updates from the members who buy them.

I just ordered one through ebay yesterday. $25 including a wall charger with usb port. Couldn't go too wrong imho.

I'll post after I've had a chance to use it.

ROM
    CM7 RC3

Default Batteries

I have had these same ones for about 2 weeks. So far, so good. Mine were 1500ma. Definitely notice improved battery life - too soon to tell on how long they last.

Quote Originally Posted by danmat11 View Post
    Just ordered the same thing on EBay for 11.00 dol. Comin from china on the slow boat but its the same thing ca. is puttin out. If you dont need it right away a few weeks isnt bad to wait. Glad to see people are fing these jewels
    Do you have an item number for the $11 one?

OK I got the 1500 mah battery off Ebay. 100 smaller then the 1600 you guys talking about.

I use the phone pretty good and today I put it in around noon and finally drain it about 2 am. This upgrade of a battery is a god sin. I use my apps and browse the web and use Pandora all at once but it was off and on all day mostly use the apps and internet but still hold up. The stock battery would been dead after 5 to 6 hours of used.

All I can say is once you get the phone upgrade the battery ASAP.

Got the 1600mah batt via ebay for about $25. Pretty much a waste of money. Life is half what the stock batt. gives me. I'm contacting the seller for an exchange. Maybe I just got a bad one?......

ROM
    Stock

Are there any "official" 1600mah batteries that are compatible with this phone? The batteries on ebay seem like a good deal, but if I have to wait for 4-6 weeks for it to get delivered from Hong Kong and possibly getting a defective one, I'd rather just pay full price for one and get it right away.

I'm actually getting 2 for $11, yes from Hong Kong. I guess I'll let you know in 7-22 days.

ROM
    Stock

With everything that has happened in Japan, you may want check if the batteries are radioactive.

Quote Originally Posted by HAVOK View Post
    Bought it on the bay, came from California, original box appears to be from Hong Kong. Had it for almost 5 days now, been holding up pretty good but then again I'm not a big battery hog but that 1230 mAh just ain't gonna cut it. Cost me $25 shipped. It seems to be a replacement battery for the Desire HD showing 1600 mAh. Here are my settings:

*Not Rooted*

Screen Brightness: 15%
    Wifi: On only when I'm at home.
    Auto-Sync: Off
    Data Network: On only when I'm out.
    Widgets: Clock (3/12) & Friend Stream (2/2)
    Updates: Set to manually when the app is open.
    Weather: Every 3 hours.
    Vibrate Feedback: Off
    LED Notification: All Off
    GPS: Off

Normal daily usage is about few 5 minute phone calls, dozens of texts, about an hour total of web browsing, couple pics here and there, and perhaps 30 minutes of music via headphone when I walk my dog.

Stock Battery (100%): 13 Hours till the next charge
    Aftermarket Battery (100%): 60 Hours till the next charge

So a battery that has a 30% higher mAh is giving you a 450% improvement? Calling BS. On that.

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

For what it's worth, 1st day with the Seidio 1300mAH battery: After the initial overnight charge - I'm at 16 hours of having the phone on without shutting it off or recharging and I'm at 38% according to the HTC battery widget

My ebay seller is sending me a replacement at no charge. No exchange necessary. Keeping my fingers crossed. I gave it a full overnight charge and am down to 22% after just four hours. I have my stock batt. with me for the inevitable swap out. Side note: is anybody elses batt. cover showing signs of fatigue from removal?

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty2004 View Post
    My ebay seller is sending me a replacement at no charge. No exchange necessary. Keeping my fingers crossed. I gave it a full overnight charge and am down to 22% after just four hours. I have my stock batt. with me for the inevitable swap out. Side note: is anybody elses batt. cover showing signs of fatigue from removal?
    HTC will replace your battery cover for free if you go to their website and call CS and let them know

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvoXOhio View Post
    So a battery that has a 30% higher mAh is giving you a 450% improvement? Calling BS. On that.
    Like I said on my usage description, I'm not a heavy user at all. Barely a moderate user.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty2004 View Post
    Got the 1600mah batt via ebay for about $25. Pretty much a waste of money. Life is half what the stock batt. gives me. I'm contacting the seller for an exchange. Maybe I just got a bad one?......
    Good.. So you're not the only one. I also got the 1600, and am experiencing the same result. The charger it came with has to be fiddled around with just to get power output.

I'm in need of a longer lasting battery, I charge my Inspire anytime I can get a chance.

ROM
    Stock

Ditto.

ROM
    CM7 RC3

Default Battery

Update-

I have a total of 6 of these batteries, I bought 2 sets of three off of ebay from same seller, so far 3 are good-noticeably - 20-25% longer battery life, and the other 3 are HORRIBLE - 1/2 if even.

I tossed the 3 bad ones and kept the 3 good ones.

Quality is obviously of major issue, lucky they are cheap.

Received my replacement, which has a 1500mah rating. Marginally better than the first replacement, which was awful. Got maybe 6 hours out of it with moderate use. Not worth it although I do like the wall charger it came with.