New Extended battery?!?!

Bzow

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice if this actually was 1600mAH. From the only review, I'm skeptical. The reviewer writes "this battery worked just as well as the original battery that came with the phone." This makes me feel like this person didn't experience extended battery life.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I was concerned about that too. But so far its the most i have seen. Just dont want to put up the money for something that may be crap.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Bzow

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I guess the only thing to do is to wait until that battery starts to ship. I don't think we will have to wait long until more batteries are available. The Inspire is one of two 4 g phones from AT&T so it will be a popular phone, especially at its price.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
FYI, this battery is now only $5 on amazon through the link i provided. I am going to try it out for that price.

I ordered it, i will have it sometime between the 14th and the 18th. I will post details in this thread once i have the battery.

urby

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
FYI, this battery is now only $5 on amazon through the link i provided. I am going to try it out for that price.

I ordered it, i will have it sometime between the 14th and the 18th. I will post details in this thread once i have the battery.

I just ordered it as well since it's cheap. I will post details too. :cool:

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested in hearing you guys' experiences...

I recently experimented with a 1600mah battery from eBay. It did alright. Only performed AS WELL as stock, maybe even a little poorer. Granted, I only used it for one day...

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
With any extended extended battery, you will need to do a few cycles to get the full potential out of it. The very first cycle will qlways be subpar

Sent from my Inspiration

Reactions: robin48

schinner16

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
looking forward to the review!

also has anyone heard of any of these brands?
-mugen ($45, 1500mah, ebay)
-acesoft ($25 with dock, 1600mah, ebay)
-yiboyuan ($16 two pack with dock, 1500mah, ebay)

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
All those are getting terrible user reviews all over the place. Some say they only perform slightly better or even worse then the stock battery. I dont know yet about this battery. Its going to take me a few days to see how this battery does.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

AustinAndroid

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Please keep us informed guys!! In two days I will order my Inspire. I am trying to get ahead of the game by looking at all the battery saving tips and looking for extended batteries. I am a light user that wants to be a heavy user.... (chalk it up to me being a BB user with serious Android envy!)

Anyway, I saw the following:

On Amazon.com:
ProdiCell Premium 1600mAH Slim Extended Battery for HTC Inspire 4G, Surround, and Desire HD- It has 5 reviews for 5 stars.... but the reviews seem either contrived or posted by techno-challenged people.

On HTCPedia.com:
No Brand given 1600mAh. Reviews again are kind of weak.

Anyway, I joined this forum because alot of you guys are WAY more savvy than I am, so i am very interested to see if these "extended" batteries do anything.

Thanks in advance guys!!

Bzow

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyway, I saw the following:

On Amazon.com:
ProdiCell Premium 1600mAH Slim Extended Battery for HTC Inspire 4G, Surround, and Desire HD- It has 5 reviews for 5 stars.... but the reviews seem either contrived or posted by techno-challenged people.

First of all, welcome to the forum! I'm fairly new myself, but this is a great place for information.
I've seen this battery on Amazon as well, but the reviews struck me in a different light. It really seems like people who work for that company wrote those reviews. I think two of those reviews were up before the battery started shipping out. I understand that it's possible someone got these batteries before they started shipping out from Amazon, but it smells fishy to me.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
So far, i have this battery for about a week now. I use this phone as my work phone, so my display is pretty bright, i send alot of texts and emails out and am on the phone quite a bit. So these stats for me are pretty good.

I pulled the phone off the charger this morning around 9:30am, it is not about 4:30pm. I have had ab out 6 or 7 calls, average about 10-20 min each. About 50 texts, not alot of emails today. Regular surfing of my applications, facebook, tapatalk and whatnot. Brightness at about 75% full. I have a live wallpaper running in the background too. So far, i would normally be at about 40% battery or even less, i am at 60% so far.

I would def say that there is a marginal increase in this new battery, and so far no complaints. If anything else changes in the battery i will post it up in here. But else wise, as of right now, i would def recommend this battery to everyone.

raver_returns

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it helps.

I've also had this battery from Amazon about a week now. Not going to say that it provides anywhere near the battery life that the iPhone 4 I just came from did, but it does leave me with about 20% more at the end of the day over what I was getting from my Inspire.

Skydivenow

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
New to HTC. Got an inspire the other day. Picked up the acesoft 2 pack with car and wall chargers from ebay for about 34$. We'll see how they perform.

numetheus

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
ProdiCell Premium 1600mAH extended battery works

So, I got the ProdiCell Premium 1600mAH extended battery. Just to let you know it works once the battery is calibrated. I was concerned at first because the power drained just as fast as the 1300mAH that came with the phone. Then I realized that it stayed at 1% for a VERY long time, leading me to believe that it had power ... just that the phone wasn't giving me the right information. Probably because it is trying to estimate the power availability using the old battery information. I don't know if this is coincidence because I went through a couple of charges, or because I rooted my phone and chose the option to clear battery statistics, but now the battery percentage is going down much slower. If you want to try it, go to ClockWorkMod recovery and choose to remove battery statistic after your battery is fully charged, then use it until it dies. The next time you charge it, you should have much better battery life because it's calibrated. Like I said ... I don't know if the multiple charge cycles did it, or the fact I did the clear battery statistic, but it did seem to be much better after I did that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez