New Case

jmw10

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
hello everyone,
Just wanted to share with you my new case. So I got my Inspire about 2 weeks ago and went with the Case-Mate Tough Case. Great case loved it, but i didn't have a screen protector. I wanted to get an Otterbox right out of the gate, but i had to see it in person first, because i know it can add some bulk, well no luck over the last 2 weeks. So today i was out shopping and decided that if i couldn't find a case i liked i was just going to get a decent priced screen protector and hope i didn't have the same problems as some of the other stories i had heard about bubbling, corners coming up, etc etc. well The first place i went to the guy pulls out a box with a few cases, nothing i liked. He then goes hold on i want to show you one more and from a different draw pulls out an Otterbox Commuter that he was using on a demo Inspire and told me he just got it in and it was the only one they had, i said sold. So i went back to the other At&t store retuned the Case-Mate and got the otterbox. So for $6.00 more then what i bought the case mate for i got and otterbox which i have had in the past on my old iPhone (defender) so i know its a great case, a screen protector of higher quality and a sense of security. As soon as the case went on I felt a sigh of relief knowing my phone is better protected. And the screen protector is awesome I can't even really tell its on and it barely and i mean barely affects the screen sensitivity and display. So i'm so lucky to have gotten an otterbox without having to order online and hope it was something I wanted. I got hands on first.

james

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
hello everyone,
Just wanted to share with you my new case. So I got my Inspire about 2 weeks ago and went with the Case-Mate Tough Case. Great case loved it, but i didn't have a screen protector. I wanted to get an Otterbox right out of the gate, but i had to see it in person first, because i know it can add some bulk, well no luck over the last 2 weeks. So today i was out shopping and decided that if i couldn't find a case i liked i was just going to get a decent priced screen protector and hope i didn't have the same problems as some of the other stories i had heard about bubbling, corners coming up, etc etc. well The first place i went to the guy pulls out a box with a few cases, nothing i liked. He then goes hold on i want to show you one more and from a different draw pulls out an Otterbox Commuter that he was using on a demo Inspire and told me he just got it in and it was the only one they had, i said sold. So i went back to the other At&t store retuned the Case-Mate and got the otterbox. So for $6.00 more then what i bought the case mate for i got and otterbox which i have had in the past on my old iPhone (defender) so i know its a great case, a screen protector of higher quality and a sense of security. As soon as the case went on I felt a sigh of relief knowing my phone is better protected. And the screen protector is awesome I can't even really tell its on and it barely and i mean barely affects the screen sensitivity and display. So i'm so lucky to have gotten an otterbox without having to order online and hope it was something I wanted. I got hands on first.

james

I got a couple questions for ya about that screen protector. What brand is it? How much? Did you get it at an ATT store? I appreciate all the info you give me on it. Right now I'm using a $7 Walmart e-reader screen protector that has to be cut to fit the screen. Sick of this one. Takes away from the clarity of the screen, by giving it a sort of grainy monochrome look to it. I'm already kinda use to it, but I don't like it.

raver_returns

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I got a couple questions for ya about that screen protector. What brand is it? How much? Did you get it at an ATT store? I appreciate all the info you give me on it. Right now I'm using a $7 Walmart e-reader screen protector that has to be cut to fit the screen. Sick of this one. Takes away from the clarity of the screen, by giving it a sort of grainy monochrome look to it. I'm already kinda use to it, but I don't like it.

Zagg invisible shield screen protectors is the only way to go imo. They also have full body protection skins. I actually have the Seidio Active x case for my inspire. It's really a lot like the Otterbox Commuter, but a maybe slightly thinner, and definitely a lot better looking. Inside that I have the Zagg skin because I'm sure everyone knows that dirt can still get inside a case and cause scratches/pitting.

Last edited:

jmw10

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Zero,
The screen protector i use is the one that came with the Otterbox. I bought my Otterbox at an At&t authorized dealer. it was $41.99 with tax and At&t put the screen protector on for me, no charge. Since i had never done it I wanted to see someone with knowledge and skill put it on, plus the girl that did was nice and fun to talk to ;). I know that with a little searching it's probably online for cheaper, but with so many fakes out there i prefered to get it from a dealer and with having seen it in hand first. I wanted to see how big everything was going to be before buying. Also I really do think that Otterbox is one of the better ones out there. I saw the Seidio case at Bestbuy for a different phone and I just didn't like it. The camera was covered, it didn't feel as solid. I had my iPhone in an Otterbox Defender when i was driving armored cars and it fell on the floor a couple of times, no probs. Daughter would be holding my phone while at store and just drop it, no probs. In fact, the day i got my iPhone it went into an otterbox all sealed up and it was never taken out until two years later for two whole days and then went right back in. When i was looking for a new phone At&t said they would buy my iPhone for $120 bucks because it was in such excellent condition. So a good case is very important.

James

Reactions: ZeroRilix

raver_returns

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Zero,
I saw the Seidio case at Bestbuy for a different phone and I just didn't like it. The camera was covered, ...
James

That was the not the active x case. That was the "rugged" case, which is way too bulky imo. At least for my needs. I've resold all my iPhones for well more than enough to upgrade to the new one. I just sold my used iPhone 4 for $460 because it was still in mint condition.

Ocham

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I was holding out for the Otterbox but became impatient. I bought the Case Mate Tough Case and it has suited my needs quite nicely. It is rugged but not so bulky as to be uncomfortable in my pocket. With the addition of a Seidio screen protector, my Inspire feels very well protected.

The fact I found a car holder to fit the phone and the case was icing on the cake.

Ocham

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
This guy: SlipGrip Car Holder 4 HTC Desire HD Otterbox Commuter - eBay (item 400192138993 end time May-31-11 22:29:55 PDT)

Way too much of a pain to remove the case every time you get into the car. Just about any Bluetooth capable head unit + a smartphone turns your car into a giant sound dock and media hub.

I emailed the seller to ask for the holder alone, without the suction cup mount and got a small discount. I also had to epoxy the small bolts that came with my old ProClip iPhone holder to the back of the new holder as it is smooth. This was the only way I could think of to attach it to the pre-drilled flat metal mount. I'm sure there is an easier way but I wanted the mount/holder combo to take up as little space as possible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge