Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default will rooting fix....

I was curious if rooting would fix a few things on my phone. My time constantly changes, I have to go uncheck network time and then uncheck it to get the time back. For some reason I can't find any apps I search for, angry birds, amazon stuff, usaa mobile banking. Finally my WiFi drops all the time. At work and home. However, the laptop and tablet, and other cell phones in the home are still working.

A question about rooting.... If I root can I stop there for now? Will everything still work, or will I have to flash drivers onto the phone to get certain programs to work again?

Thanks for help.

Quote Originally Posted by melemail410 View Post
    I was curious if rooting would fix a few things on my phone. My time constantly changes, I have to go uncheck network time and then uncheck it to get the time back. For some reason I can't find any apps I search for, angry birds, amazon stuff, usaa mobile banking. Finally my WiFi drops all the time. At work and home. However, the laptop and tablet, and other cell phones in the home are still working.

A question about rooting.... If I root can I stop there for now? Will everything still work, or will I have to flash drivers onto the phone to get certain programs to work again?

Thanks for help.
    If you have a hardware issue, rooting won't fix it. It sounds like you may have a bad sim card. I would try a factory reset and a new sim card before rooting.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

As for your second question, you can root and still use Everything the same way. It doesn't change the software, it just gives you more control access to your software and the ability to change software if you choose.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: will rooting fix....

I'm about to do a factory reset, then try the upgrade through htc sense, and then stop by ATT for a new sim card. If that doesn't fix all of this, I'll get back to you on my next steps. I wouldn't mind rooting. Or at least trying to.. but no point rooting on a defected phone.

thanks for all your help.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I did a factory reset this am, and all seems well so far. However, it hasn't even been 2 weeks ago that I completed another factory reset. Should I go ahead and upgrade the software, and get the new sim card?

Should I give it a few days and see what my phone does??

Thanks!

If the factory reset fixed your issues, there is no need to get a new sim card.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I did a factory reset yesterday am, and last night it was still not letting calls go through. This am i updated the software through htc sync. this afternoon i went ahead and got a new sim card.

i'll see what happens in a few days. i'll try to keep up with exactly what goes wrong so you guys (i hope) can help me decide if i need to call warranty or root. i can upgrade in january, so maybe there will be a cooler phone by then!!

Root it, throw a custom ROM on it & tweak it however u want. I could never go back to using a stocked & locked phone again. I paid for the device so i want full access to the limitless features Android offers :')

So what are the limitless features android offers,, what would be the advantages to rooting my phone??

Quote Originally Posted by Getbusylivin View Post
    So what are the limitless features android offers,, what would be the advantages to rooting my phone??
    This. What more can I do if I were to root my phone? I don't want to void any warranties or anything, I don't have any issues with my phone at all but read a lot about rooting and curious what the point is?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I rooted to the CoreDroid v7.0, runs so smooth and fast. Also I can tether and use the phone as to the way it was designed to run. Warranty is only for those who are afraid to touch their phone. There are more programs available to you after root. It's a no brainer for me.

ROM
    RCmix3D / ICS beta

there are various reasons to or not to root, just google "why should I root" this topic has been exhausted.
    Just a few options are overclocking/undervolting to improve both performance and battery life, installing custom ROMs, and being able to perform full backups in case anything does go wrong. Personally I rooted my inspire for battery life improvement as it is my every day phone and I now get between 24-36 hours on a charge with regular use of browser and 2 e-mail accounts set to push. I would think this alone would be worth it.

Your warranty is history if you root and something goes so wrong that you cannot return to stock yourself. That being said, if you have loose morals you can always just return everything to stock and take it to an att store for repair/return