1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation I think I bricked my phone

So I got bored and decided to try and root my phone. I searched on Youtube and found this video.

So I went through all the process and it seemed like it was going well. It finally said complete press any button to continue. After that my phone justed stayed at a black screen but its still on. So i decided to pull the battery and turn it back on but it just loaded up to the HTC screen and slowly darkened till it turned black again. I keep doing it over and over with no different result. Please i need help i have no idea what im doing.

Quote Originally Posted by eli59872 View Post
    So I got bored and decided to try and root my phone. I searched on Youtube and found this video.

So I went through all the process and it seemed like it was going well. It finally said complete press any button to continue. After that my phone justed stayed at a black screen but its still on. So i decided to pull the battery and turn it back on but it just loaded up to the HTC screen and slowly darkened till it turned black again. I keep doing it over and over with no different result. Please i need help i have no idea what im doing.
    OK need some more info before I can help first turn your phone off, pull your battery if you have to. Now at the same time press the down volume button and the power button and hold them in until your phone comes on. Your phone should now be in bootloader screen at the top of the screen it should say either S-ON or S-OFF. Which one does it say? If it says S-OFF that's good if not then the rooting process did not even get that far and we will have to go a different way to fix it. If it says s-off then download this file and place it on the root of your sd card.. You will have to remove your sd card and put it in a card reader and plug that into your computer

Now put your sd card back in the phone and again hold down the volume button and the power button. This time bootloader will see the file and ask if you want to install it. Hit the up volume key to do so. This will install a recovery program so we can flash you a new rom. This will only work if you have s-off though. Let me know if this works and I'll help you the rest of the way.
    Last edited by Tiger5353; 01-15-2012 at 12:11 AM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Exclamation Re: I think I bricked my phone

so i held down the volume down and the power button and it came to a screen where it said S-ON. Now what?

Default Re: I think I bricked my phone

so i held down the volume down and the power button and it came to a screen where it said S-ON. Now what?
    Ok so if you still have s-on then you will need to install htc sync and then download and run the stock rom update. Just go to HTC's webpage download both sync and the ruu and follow the instructions there. Here is the link to HTC's webpage

If this doesn't work try running the ace hack kit again it is made to fix some problems if it didn't work the first time.

Hope this fixes your problem let me know how it goes.
    Last edited by Tiger5353; 01-15-2012 at 12:16 PM.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Exclamation Re: I think I bricked my phone

i downloaded the two softwares but i dont know what to do next.

i downloaded the two softwares but i dont know what to do next.
    First try the ace hack kit again. If that doesn't work go back to the HTC site and read the instructions.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

im having the same problem exactly. how can put my device into htc sync mode if i cant get into it and htc sync ist recognizing it?

How do you identify the root of the SD. as in where exactly to put the file?

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    ROM
    Absolution/Ascension ICS

Quote Originally Posted by troysikes View Post
    How do you identify the root of the SD. as in where exactly to put the file?
    when you have your phone plugged up to the computer, via USB, and have USB toggled on your phone....it will most likely show up as External Storage (or what ever name you computer names it) If you click into that, the main area of your SD card will show all of it's contents....this is the Root of your SD card.
    Flashing ROMS, like a drunk chick at Mardi Gras

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

I didn't see that it was addressed, but this method to root is way outdated. Advanced ace hack kit is really the best method.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed Tiger mentioned it. So I am seconding it.

I had the same problem, where the Hack Ace kit ran and said it was finished, but the phone would boot to a white HTC logo screen that faded to black. Unfortunately, I followed the directions of the Effin' Manual and tried to run the Hack Ace Kit again (without searching for alternative solutions, like a dope). It ran for a while but got stuck would not finish. Now my phone only boots to a black HTC logo screen with little hazard symbols in the corners. Sometimes I can get a white screen with this text:

"ace put ship s-off rl
    hboot-o.85.0024
    microp-0438
    radio-26.06.38_m
    eMMC-boot
    apr 12 2011,00:55:45"

but I can't replicate this very well. The hack ace kit does not even recognize that a phone is plugged in anymore. Booting into recovery does not seem to work. Am I well-and-truly bricked?

ok I i did the same thing as the other guy my bootloader says S-off it found the file u recommended to download but everytime it restarts it just loads the htc screen then fades to black am I doing something wrong. My bootloader says:
    ACE PVT ENG S-OFF RL
    HBOOT-0.85.2425
    MICROP-0438
    RADIO-26.03.02..26_M
    eMMC-boot
    Apr 12 2001, 00:55:45

Exactly thats what i want to know i cant get mine to do it either @adr_612