1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default new to Inspire & Andriod need upgrade help pls

Hey there, I would like to upgrade from 2.3.3. to 4.0 please
    can someone please help me out thanks
    There's one app I would like to install and for some reason it's saying incompatible so I'm guessing it's cause the ROM isn't updated.
    Am I right?
    thanks
    G

ROM
    stock

Default Re: new to Inspire & Andriod need upgrade help pls

I think the only way to upgrade is by root and custom rom install. I am thinking about trying it myself after a while. From what I've read that ace hack kit is the best way to do it. I bought an unbuto cd so I can do it more easily without the windows/driver pit falls

ROM
    paranoidKangdroid

Ya use the hack kit, its by far the easiest way to root and S-off the Inspire. Its not all that bad rooting with Windows just download HTC Sync and it installs all needed drivers. Link is below.

I've heard good things about this ICS rom, try it out if you're feeling up to it.

Always rooted.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the help guys I will try and. And when I do will be able to put on the latest Droid OS right?
    Dave let me know how it works. Thanks

ROM
    paranoidKangdroid

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain Fraites View Post
    Thanks for the help guys I will try and. And when I do will be able to put on the latest Droid OS right?
    Dave let me know how it works. Thanks
    Ya after rooting you'all be able to flash an Ice Cream Sandwich rom. You should have no problem rooting with the Advanced Hack Kit, provided you follow the instructions

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2