1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default CM7 Install Questions

I just rooted my Inspire 4g on ATT and wanted to try CM7 as my first ROM. I have read the directions on Cyanogens website and looked at the XDA forums as well. I think I understand about doing the backup, wiping data cache, factory reset, wiping davlik cache, installing ROM, and installing GAPPs. But, is there additional steps for the Inspire? On XDA they talk about doing the Inspiremod fix and also an aGPS fix which is not included in the directions on the Cyanogen website. Further, is it necessary to change the kernel or radio/ril? Any advice would be helpful.

ROM
    paranoidKangdroid

Default Re: CM7 Install Questions

You pretty much got the basics down. As long as the phone is rooted and has CWM recovery you're set. The inspiremod changes some things in the build.prop to make your phone identify as an Inspire 4G instead of Desire HD as well as a few other tweaks. The GPS patch is only required if you have problems with it but it can also help with faster GPS lock.

The radio/ril shouldn't be an issue. As far as the kernel goes, thats up to you. There are many AOSP kernels for the Inspire/Desire HD, just pick one that suits you. LordMod kernel is what I used on my Inspire but the stock CM7 kernel works well too.
    Always rooted.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

So I want the Inspiremod patch then, but will only need the AGPS if running into problems. Thanks.

One other question was with the Busybox and Superuser apps that were installed during the rooting process. What happens to them during the ROM flashing procedure? If the other apps are removed and need to be reinstalled, does that happen to Superuser? Isn't that required to run ClockworkMod Recovery?

ROM
    paranoidKangdroid

Yes, but any rom whether its CM7 or another rom that you flash will have Superuser already installed. Once ClockworkMod recovery is installed it will always be there, you don't have to worry about that.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I installed CM7 on my Inspire about a month ago and really like it. However, I am having trying with radio signal strength. This is both network and wifi. I left the stock radio on it. I am running Android v2.3.7 with radio 12.56.60.25U_26.10.04.03_M in southeast PA. Would anyone have advice on boosting reception with a different radio in this area? Thanks.