rooting issues.. please help

ken james

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
my htc inspire 4 g has some serious issues.. when ever i try to open an app it shows the " force close" error.. every single app i try to open it shows that error.. i tryed to factory to factory reset but it wont.. i try all the methods of factory resetting but it wont work.. the phone just wont factory reset..in boot loader it shows this

unlocked
ace pvt ship s-on rl
hboot-2.00.0030
microp-0438
radio-26.17.11_m
emmc-boot
feb 20 2012,16:30:18

it is currently running
android version 2.3.5
htc sense 3.0
software number 3.20.502.52
kernel 2.6.35.10

can anyone help.. not sure if am supposed to try root it again or anything.. i have try to put custom roms but the dont work.. they show installation complete and the phone boots back up with no change.. running the same stock rom i had before i try to flash it. seems like the customs roms dont work or maybe the device if not fully rooted??? please helpp

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
my htc inspire 4 g has some serious issues.. when ever i try to open an app it shows the " force close" error.. every single app i try to open it shows that error.. i tryed to factory to factory reset but it wont.. i try all the methods of factory resetting but it wont work.. the phone just wont factory reset..in boot loader it shows this

unlocked
ace pvt ship s-on rl
hboot-2.00.0030
microp-0438
radio-26.17.11_m
emmc-boot
feb 20 2012,16:30:18

it is currently running
android version 2.3.5
htc sense 3.0
software number 3.20.502.52
kernel 2.6.35.10

can anyone help.. not sure if am supposed to try root it again or anything.. i have try to put custom roms but the dont work.. they show installation complete and the phone boots back up with no change.. running the same stock rom i had before i try to flash it. seems like the customs roms dont work or maybe the device if not fully rooted??? please helpp

What recovery are you running?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
i just did that and install from zip and the sme thing.. nothing hasd chnaged.. the same rom on it with the same errors

So you wiped, and then re-flashed the ROM and nothing has changed? That could be a problem with the zip itself. Try a different ROM.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
how to u do that??? and does the s on mean my phone is not rooted??

If you want to check if you have root, you should try root checker from the play store. I don't know if it will open in your case though.

Check this out: [Tutorial] How to flash a new boot.img via Fastboot - xda-developers

If you don't know where your boot.img is, look inside the folder of the zip you flashed. You have to do this from your PC. Make sure the zip on your PC matches the one you flashed in recovery.