Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default rooting issues.. please help

my htc inspire 4 g has some serious issues.. when ever i try to open an app it shows the " force close" error.. every single app i try to open it shows that error.. i tryed to factory to factory reset but it wont.. i try all the methods of factory resetting but it wont work.. the phone just wont factory reset..in boot loader it shows this

unlocked
    ace pvt ship s-on rl
    hboot-2.00.0030
    microp-0438
    radio-26.17.11_m
    emmc-boot
    feb 20 2012,16:30:18

it is currently running
    android version 2.3.5
    htc sense 3.0
    software number 3.20.502.52
    kernel 2.6.35.10

can anyone help.. not sure if am supposed to try root it again or anything.. i have try to put custom roms but the dont work.. they show installation complete and the phone boots back up with no change.. running the same stock rom i had before i try to flash it. seems like the customs roms dont work or maybe the device if not fully rooted??? please helpp

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: rooting issues.. please help

Quote Originally Posted by ken james View Post
    my htc inspire 4 g has some serious issues.. when ever i try to open an app it shows the " force close" error.. every single app i try to open it shows that error.. i tryed to factory to factory reset but it wont.. i try all the methods of factory resetting but it wont work.. the phone just wont factory reset..in boot loader it shows this

unlocked
    ace pvt ship s-on rl
    hboot-2.00.0030
    microp-0438
    radio-26.17.11_m
    emmc-boot
    feb 20 2012,16:30:18

it is currently running
    android version 2.3.5
    htc sense 3.0
    software number 3.20.502.52
    kernel 2.6.35.10

can anyone help.. not sure if am supposed to try root it again or anything.. i have try to put custom roms but the dont work.. they show installation complete and the phone boots back up with no change.. running the same stock rom i had before i try to flash it. seems like the customs roms dont work or maybe the device if not fully rooted??? please helpp
    What recovery are you running?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

clockworkmod recovery v5.8.1.5

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

clockworkmod recovery v5.8.1.5
    You are suppose to backup and wipe before flashing a new ROM.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

can u give me more details as to how to do this???

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

can u give me more details as to how to do this???
    I can't give you specifics because I don't have an HTC Inspire, but in CWM you hit backup/restore and then wipe/factory reset.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

i just did that and install from zip and the sme thing.. nothing hasd chnaged.. the same rom on it with the same errors

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

i just did that and install from zip and the sme thing.. nothing hasd chnaged.. the same rom on it with the same errors
    So you wiped, and then re-flashed the ROM and nothing has changed? That could be a problem with the zip itself. Try a different ROM.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

i got 3 roms and they all do the same thing

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

i got 3 roms and they all do the same thing
    Since your HTC Device is S-ON, you might have to flash the boot.img.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

how to u do that??? and does the s on mean my phone is not rooted??

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

how to u do that??? and does the s on mean my phone is not rooted??
    If you want to check if you have root, you should try root checker from the play store. I don't know if it will open in your case though.

Check this out: [Tutorial] How to flash a new boot.img via Fastboot - xda-developers

If you don't know where your boot.img is, look inside the folder of the zip you flashed. You have to do this from your PC. Make sure the zip on your PC matches the one you flashed in recovery.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

i keep gettiong this md5 mismatch