Not open for further replies.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Draft: If you are interested in maintaing content, please contact me via PM.​
Post #1 = Index
Post #2 = FAQ
Post #2 = One click root (Beginner)
Post #3 = ADB rooting (Beginner-Intermediate)
Post #4 = TBD
Post #5 = TBD
Post #6 = How to root using a Mac (TBD)
Post #7 = Removing apps once rooted (TBD)
Post #8 = Credits (TBD)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Q: What is Root?
A: Root, is super user access of your phones operating system. Think of your phone as a desktop computer. Right now you are logged on as a guest account. you can browse things and use applications but if you really want to change anything in your system you can't. What gaining root does is it gives you superuser permission to alter files that you could not before; again thinking of it as a computer you now have an Administrator account.

Q:Does rooting void my warranty?
A:Yes and no. If you walk into your carriers store with a phone that has Root access and they actually check it they have the right to say this phone was tampered with. But for those of you in the know, there are methods to unroot your phone first.

Q: Does rooting slow down my phone or drain battery.
A: NO, root is not an application or a running process, gaining root does not do anything but give you permissions that you normally would not have. Basically all you did during the rooting process was move files around. Its what you do with this new found permission that changes things. But as far as just rooting it does not make a difference.

Q: Will i lose any apps or data during the rooting process?
A: No, for the same reason as above. Rooting is basically just moving some files around. Of course there is always a risk of something happening in any process. I would say chances are of causing serious problems is slim to non. Its what you do with this new found permission that changes things. But as far as just rooting it does not make a difference.

Q: I lost root during an update, am i doomed?
A: No, what happend was the file containing your super user access was over written. Just re-attempt gaining root and you will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.