Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Okay finally got it, but now not seeing hspa+ network??
    bluemax413 likes this.

ROM
    MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalDroid View Post
    Yes! This! Goodness! Like this phone way better though. LOL
    The source code was just released so the wonderful devs at XDA will have more friendly methods to root/custom ROM your device soon. For the Captivate it was a simple zip file to root and a c/p of the rom file to the sdcard and a 1-click method to revert back to stock. It doesn't get much easier than that
    Mr. Ro.

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWizJB leak

That's what someone was working on this week but his thread has been really quiet the past 2 days. Hopefully he gets it going again. I need the one click solution. The hack kit didn't go so well for me.

Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I also am an iPhone convert. Well I'm getting my Inspire in the mail Monday and I'd like to Root as my iPhone is jailbroken and I really want to root. This all seems so confusing haha and I'm very good at modding my iPhone files/codes. Sigh, the learning curves of new phones lol. Also I'm on a MacBook Pro and live in a Windows-less house so all these directions don't mean much to me. Hopefully a 1-click root comes soon.
    Mr. Ro.

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWizJB leak

The guy working on it on the xda site has the one click method up for download. Do yourself a favor and read the first page posts from him about making your gold card etc. If you get stuck, feel free to post what's going on in that thread. Someone will be able to help you.
    Link:

Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mrro82 View Post
    The guy working on it on the xda site has the one click method up for download. Do yourself a favor and read the first page posts from him about making your gold card etc. If you get stuck, feel free to post what's going on in that thread. Someone will be able to help you.
    Link:

I've been monitoring that thread. I get my Inspire today and I will be attempting the GC and root today lol. I enjoy tinkering and hopefully I can figure all this stuff out coming from iPhone. Kinda nervous to try with the chance to ruin my phone but I got to tinker haha.

I've stuckied ( :P ) this thread for now. When one of you guru's wants to take the reigns with the Inspire root method, give a Mod or admin a holler
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

ROM
    Infused 2.2.3

Quote Originally Posted by ooolalacey View Post
    oh it was so much easier to jailbreak iphone. sigh.
    Tell me about it.

All of this seems almost like rocket science. Really don't want a 100$ paper weight.

yeah, exactly. id like to see the capabilities of rooting, but the one click would be my way of doing it.

Im new to all this rooting stuff can some tell me what is rooting and why would you want to. just asking thanks

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nbrock623 View Post
    Im new to all this rooting stuff can some tell me what is rooting and why would you want to. just asking thanks
    At the very top of the page, one of the main sections is "Rooting." http://www.androidcentral.com/root

ROM
    Liberty 1.0

its simple enough to either if you simply cannot wait for a one click method ADB is the way to go, yeah it might seem a little scary. but if you follow this video step by step you will have your root fill

ROM
    Liberty 1.0

and its REALLY hard to mess your phone up this way. its as easy as following the directions. custom roming is where you could mess your phone up if you don't know what you're doing

has anyone tried to download the update ( v3) lately, it says file cannot be found.

The author of the hack kit posted that this video is obsolete now. He said to stop watching it.

I get a virus malware warning from trend microscan when attempting to extract the hack kit. name AndroidOS _LOTDOOR.A.

can anybody recommend the latest/best guide to root the HTC Inspire. Android noob here. ?

thanks

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

any updates with the one click root

I am also waiting for a good one click root option. I have tried two different methods multiple times and have made like 7 gold cards with no success. I am stumped. Now I am just daily checking for an update. I noticed the source code for the inspire got released not too long ago so someone should be developing something im sure. i hope anyways...

Default Text of the Video?

Watched the video, and cannot catch the file names or the URL where they are available, and the video is too low a rez to read it. Would appreciate a post of the file names and URL.

Mike

hey i did the oneclick but its really not one click but a simplified step by step babywalk that is semi automated.. bubby's did work but you have to make sure you have everything inplace before hand

hi. are you talking about attn1? his process is a pain. hopefully someone comes up with something better

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

So its I guess its a waiting game then.

Default this is the easy way to root inspire

.. ok im not a super computer nerd just a nerd.. jack of all trades master of none.. anyhow used this kids root method.. This is as close to automated as it gets so far.. you make a goldcard.. after you make gold card place zip files on the card it the root directory.. follow the steps and it will work it may take a couple of tries.. make sure you use your phone as the mounting device for the sdcard when making the goldcard.. im now running gingerbread.. seems to me that battery life has taken a huge hit but its basically treating the phone as the desire.. that link will let you root your phone
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast