[Video Tutorial] How To Properly Root Your Inspire 4G

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Ummm, superoneclick rooted this phone in under ten seconds... thank goodness the forum was down last night and I couldn't check to see if anyone had tried it. I am curious why a high end phonelike this doesn't seem to have the good support that the low end optimus has, I'm a bit disappointed in you all... jk but not really

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Just rooted using Ace Hack Kit in Ubuntu. I highly reccomend this method. It went off without a hitch. Make a Ubuntu live CD and run the kit from there as described in the Effen manual. As long as you're somewhat computer saavy, you won't have a problem.

famousj1

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
ive rooted a few of my friends phones and my own. i just got the inspire a few days ago and decided to use the ace hack kit in the windows ways i think... i ran it and i i got root S-OFF my HBOOT-85.0024 and RADIO is 26.03.02.26_M.... but dont worry theres a but i accidentally ran the 1st step of the program after root aquired and somehow it tried rebooting and went straight into bootloop i can get into hboot but once i try going into recovery from there it just goes into the boot animation and bootloops! someone please help!!!! Ive been searching everywhere and cant find an answer does anyone know anything???

incrediblemook

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
So it is January 4 2012, and i am trying to find root package to root my HTC inspire 4g Android 2.3.3, and all i get is errors in downloading anything, Where can i find such a thing? That will be much appricated. Thanks

cbulkman

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
It's on xda & it was just updated. I finished rooting my Inspire a few minutes ago; painless & very easy. I then downloaded Titanium Backup from the Market to uninstall all of the AT&T bloatware. Bought mine on launch day & can't believe I waited this long to root it.

SoCal-Dave

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
It's on xda & it was just updated. I finished rooting my Inspire a few minutes ago; painless & very easy. I then downloaded Titanium Backup from the Market to uninstall all of the AT&T bloatware. Bought mine on launch day & can't believe I waited this long to root it.

cbulkman - do you have the link to where in the xda forum you followed directions from (or link to app used to root). I'm in the same boat... keep searching and finding old, outdated posts with links that are no longer valid.

thanks much,

cbulkman

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
cbulkman - do you have the link to where in the xda forum you followed directions from (or link to app used to root). I'm in the same boat... keep searching and finding old, outdated posts with links that are no longer valid.

thanks much,

Sorry about that. Here you go!

[TOOL] Advanced ACE Hack Kit (04012012c) - xda-developers

This is the most recent version, 04012012c. Read the developer's ENTIRE post & the effen manual before starting. Don't get confused by the date of his post, the software does get updated. If you scroll all the way to the bottom of his post, you'll see he updated it on 1/4/12.

Good luck!

Reactions: dmullens

SoCal-Dave

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Forgot to reply but it WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!

Of course it would have been even smoother had I read the ENTIRE EFFEN MANUAL... I read through all the steps quickly but missed the obvious part that apparently many others missed. Once I caught it I was able to root the Inspire4G, add ClockworkMod and add the RCMix3D runny 4.0 ROM that I was looking for.... it's sweet.

Thanks all.

gregski

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to reply but it WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!

Of course it would have been even smoother had I read the ENTIRE EFFEN MANUAL... I read through all the steps quickly but missed the obvious part that apparently many others missed. Once I caught it I was able to root the Inspire4G, add ClockworkMod and add the RCMix3D runny 4.0 ROM that I was looking for.... it's sweet.

Thanks all.

I am getting ready to root my Inspire and would appreciate it greatly if you would share the "obvious part" that you missed, just so others may learn. Thank you.

cbulkman

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
It was the pass key wasn't it?

From the effen manual........

?Are you curious about the PA$$ K3Y yet? Every time the Hack Kit runs, it generates a new one and puts it in the this link: CAJUN.txt. AFTER you get to the prompt for it, click the link and copy and paste the K3Y into the prompt. If you get browser fail, it's in tools/txt/CAJUN.txt in the hack kit directory.

dmullens

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I just bought a used Inspire and it should be here tomorrow. My main reason for rooting is to run DroidWall. I was going to post a message asking what the 'current' status of rooting the Inspire was. So...these last few messages have been very helpful!