Stuck trying rooting my phone and i need help

youngforcers

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i'm new and this is my first time rooting i been watching this video and i've done everything up to about 7:36 of the video and wanna know what he did right there he says something like "change directory to our root folder" and then starts to type stuff in and what i wanna know is what do i have to type in right there before i start to type in the hackerize-ace setup-downgrade thanks i really would appreciate the help

here's the video i watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCcd1XQrTzE

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
If I remember the video correctly, you have to type cd and then the location of your root kit folder. Example cd c: then where the folder is located. An easy way to find this info would be to right click on the folder you made for the hack kit and copy and paste the location info into the command line.

_berver

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yep or in my case (using my Windows XP Pro machine) just right click on the hack kit folder and click "open command prompt" and it starts the command prompt in the root folder

youngforcers

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i don't know what i could be doing wrong i right clicked on my folder (the hack kit) location thats on my desktop the root folder is inside that folder so could i be doing it wrong by not right clicking on the root folder thats inside the hack kit folder? and another question could it be that i delayed too long to try and root it again and have to start all over cause i haven't tried to root since i got stuck any answers would be gladly appreciated