Videos Disappearing on HTC Inspire

jeff7sr

Mar 4, 2011
www.7sidedrecords.com
I took three videos yesterday afternoon with my HTC Inspire 4G, which I've been using now for a few weeks without any video problems. Yesterday, I watched all three videos within an hour after shooting them, and did the watching on the phone itself. Everything worked great.

Now today, I'm at work. I step out for a coffee break, and open my phone to watch one of the videos from yesterday.
All three files are gone -- just gone. I certainly did not delete or move them anywhere.
This is very upsetting because I was planning to upload one of the videos to a music web site.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or does anyone know where Android might have decided to move my videos?
This phone is really useful but it does a lot of stupid things like this... I'm beginning to become frustrated with the overall problems provided by the HTC Inspire. It seems like they didn't think it through before shoving it out to the market.

(Edit: Sorry, I put this in the wrong forum and cannot figure out how to move it. I intended to put this in the main HTC Inspire forum, not the Root sub-forum)

Last edited:

rappa70

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Fix

So this happened on my wife's phone earlier today, she was trying to show me some videos she took of our son. Aside from the "conversation" we had about how digital files can't just disappear without some sort of action, I did some poking around and found a workaround. I found the solution in the comments section of the techrepublic review of the HTC inspire for ATT.

If you attach the phone to your computer and set it as a disk drive, you can view the videos in the DCIM folder. Also, when you dismount your phone, the "missing" files will reappear in your gallery.

Regardless, this "feature" is garbage - we were about 15 minutes away from going back and returning our phones, reverting to our old iPhone 3GS's.