bubby's simple root- got my vote

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the stock gingerbread upgrade. Can I root my inspire?

Yes, but don't use Bubby's with gingerbread. It hasn't been updated. Use the Hack Kit. It has been updated and will root with the gingerbread rom installed.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Str8Klownin1

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Will someone please help me I am new to android rooting, I have a iphone 4 also that's jail broken 4.3.3, can someone help me learn how to root and I hear bubby's is the best but where do I find it and how do I use it? I have a htc inspire 4g, which has gingerbread 2.3.3 and it has htc sense 2.1 thanks.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Will someone please help me I am new to android rooting, I have a iphone 4 also that's jail broken 4.3.3, can someone help me learn how to root and I hear bubby's is the best but where do I find it and how do I use it? I have a htc inspire 4g, which has gingerbread 2.3.3 and it has htc sense 2.1 thanks.

See my post above yours. Go to XDA Developers Forum. In the development section under the Inspire threads look for Ace Hack Kit.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't beleive it's being supported anymore. If you're looking to root your Inspire, the Ace Hack Kit is really the only accepted method anymore.

[TOOL] Advanced ACE Hack Kit (13012012) - xda-developers

On to of that if you're on an AT&T stock you are almost guaranteed to NOT lose data in the rooting process. Thus, you can root, then install titanium backup and backup your settings and contacts and stuff. Used to not be that way.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

mysbp31

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
On to of that if you're on an AT&T stock you are almost guaranteed to NOT lose data in the rooting process. Thus, you can root, then install titanium backup and backup your settings and contacts and stuff. Used to not be that way.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Wow, seems that all "legit" methods of rooting the inspire have gone away?