Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

Default Can someone confirm this works?

No longer relevant. See last post.
    If you have time, can someone try this out for me?

You need to be rooted first (I highly doubt the root function will work), but using the enable non-market apps button works on the Captivate, and I don't see why it wouldn't here.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Download this file, open SuperOneClick, plug in your phone with USB debugging enabled, and hit the button. Let me know what happens (and if sideloading works). You won't see a menu option in the settings. Thanks!

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Wish I can confirm, read about it and it should work because works for the Desire HD, basically the same phone, will give it a try tomorrow, if it doesn't work, I can bring back my Inspire to stock.
    Will report back, wish me luck .
    Thanked by:
    ls377 

ATT removed the enable non-market apps on the inspire for some reason... usual fix to get around that is to use side load wonder machine via adb
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

Quote Originally Posted by haxle View Post
    ATT removed the enable non-market apps on the inspire for some reason... usual fix to get around that is to use side load wonder machine via adb
    That's the point. If you're rooted, this is supposed to enable sideloading. I'm trying to get people to test it on each phone.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

If you're rooted, you ought to just be able to enable sideloading - it shouldn't require anything else.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Silas0220 View Post
    If you're rooted, you ought to just be able to enable sideloading - it shouldn't require anything else.
    It's not like the option magically appears when you root, you still have to do something to get it. Rooting just gives you the ability to do something.

ROM
    Android Revolution HD 4G

You can use SWM even if you're not rooted. I have. Just follow the SWM install instructions in the android applcations stickie.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

Quote Originally Posted by brownsreds View Post
    You can use SWM even if you're not rooted. I have. Just follow the SWM install instructions in the android applcations stickie.
    I know, but you have to have a computer to hook it to. This is supposed to enable it on the phone, so there's no need for the SWM.

ROM
    Android Revolution HD 4G

Ahhhh... gotcha
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

This thread is no longer relevant. I'm posting a method that's guaranteed to enable sideloading on any phone