Rooted. What now?

palmersprom

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Mods, you can delete this one. I installed a rom! Pretty much handled itself.

xxxxxxxx
I just rooted my phone using Bubby's method. Now, I'm not quite sure how else to proceed.

I rooted primarily to get rid of bloatware. But I read somewhere that deleting those apps can stop me from updating in the future...so... now I'm using Titanium Backup to "freeze" certain apps. Now I'm wondering which apps would be safe to freeze? I'd like to use Chomp SMS instead of the default, but would I be able to freeze the original SMS?... stuff like that.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Mods, you can delete this one. I installed a rom! Pretty much handled itself.

xxxxxxxx
I just rooted my phone using Bubby's method. Now, I'm not quite sure how else to proceed.

I rooted primarily to get rid of bloatware. But I read somewhere that deleting those apps can stop me from updating in the future...so... now I'm using Titanium Backup to "freeze" certain apps. Now I'm wondering which apps would be safe to freeze? I'd like to use Chomp SMS instead of the default, but would I be able to freeze the original SMS?... stuff like that.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not going to tell you which apps to delete as I'm not gonna be responsible in case anything funky happens so I'll just tell you what I did.
I deleted anything that had ATT on it, FM Radio, Fakebook, Peep, and something elseI'm sure. I can't remember them all. I've been on different ROM's since then.
Before you delete anything run a backup in Titanium Backup. Backup/restore>Menu>Batch>Backup all user apps>Run the batch operation.
Also run a ROM backup in CWM in case something goes haywire.
Then you can go an delete stuff. After you're done, restart the phone. Make sure fast boot is unchecked also. I always leave this off just in the off chance I get into a boot loop.

Also, you don't need to freeze the SMS app to run a different one. Open up messaging and disable notification in it's settings.

Reactions: BurnItDown#AC

palmersprom

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't sure what to do about the SMS still, and you're right on about just disabling it. Also, didn't know about Titanium before. Thanks!