Root HTC Inspire Help

Finish the Fight

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I just got the HTC Inspire and want to root it to download apps and custom ROMs as well as speed it up. However when i watched the Simple One Click video i realized that it erased all the data. Is there a way to Root and not erase the data(apps,contacts)?

BryanTheRed

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I just got the HTC Inspire and want to root it to download apps and custom ROMs as well as speed it up. However when i watched the Simple One Click video i realized that it erased all the data. Is there a way to Root and not erase the data(apps,contacts)?

Short answer is no, thats how it happens. All of your contacts should be backed up with your gmail account and your apps will be backed up in the market with your Google account. I've wiped the phone several times and as soon as I log into my Google account it all syncs back to the device.

Finish the Fight

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Short answer is no, thats how it happens. All of your contacts should be backed up with your gmail account and your apps will be backed up in the market with your Google account. I've wiped the phone several times and as soon as I log into my Google account it all syncs back to the device.

Sooo this may sound dumb, but im brand new to android and i use to have a iPhone. So how do you back up contacts and all that with Gmail?

misterbbq

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
what i actually do is set up all my 'contacts' in gmail and then sync them to the phone. as soon as i rooted and logged into my google account on my phone, it pulls the contacts in. i also have them synced to my facebook so i get the facebook pics, but that's not necessary.

Finish the Fight

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
what i actually do is set up all my 'contacts' in gmail and then sync them to the phone. as soon as i rooted and logged into my google account on my phone, it pulls the contacts in. i also have them synced to my facebook so i get the facebook pics, but that's not necessary.

So you just individually typed each contact into you gmail? thats kind of a problem since i have 649 contacts lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome