Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Question regarding full wipe?

    I feel stupid even asking this question but I guess everyone has to start somewhere. I have my device rooted and setup the way I want but want to experiment with some different roms available. Some Roms say a full wipe is required. Does a full wipe format both the phones space and the SDcard, or just the phone? I have done a backup of my rom and also a titanium backup but if that is stored to SD card and a wipe would erase that data then it is kinda pointless. Thanks
  2. #2  
    mrro82's Avatar
    Mr. Ro.

    Posts
    1,951 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,238 Global Posts
    Carrier
    TouchWizJB leak

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wired4Speed View Post
    I feel stupid even asking this question but I guess everyone has to start somewhere. I have my device rooted and setup the way I want but want to experiment with some different roms available. Some Roms say a full wipe is required. Does a full wipe format both the phones space and the SDcard, or just the phone? I have done a backup of my rom and also a titanium backup but if that is stored to SD card and a wipe would erase that data then it is kinda pointless. Thanks
    A full wipe pertains to the phone itself. The SD card isn't touched when you do one. There is a zip on the xda forums that you can use and it streamlines the process and makes it easier when you switch ROMs. I use it every single time I change ROMs. Last thing you want is to get the new ROM running and set up and then find some little thing that got screwed up. It's a nice piece of mind.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    what is that zip called or a link? Also can you recommend any roms for the inspire as I have read quite a few of your other post and appear to have played with a few. I do seem to like sense, but then again its all I know. I will try cyagonmod just to see what the hype is all about also.
  4. #4  
    mrro82's Avatar
    Mr. Ro.

    Posts
    1,951 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,238 Global Posts
    Carrier
    TouchWizJB leak

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wired4Speed View Post
    what is that zip called or a link? Also can you recommend any roms for the inspire as I have read quite a few of your other post and appear to have played with a few. I do seem to like sense, but then again its all I know. I will try cyagonmod just to see what the hype is all about also.
    It's just called a full wipe zip so if you do a search in the Inspire section it should come up or you can look in the OP in a ROM thread and it might be there as well.

    I have played with nearly all of the ROMs that are on xda. It comes down to a couple of things when deciding for me. I don't really like Sense so the more vanilla ROMs are for me like CM7, LeeDrOiD's non-sense version, di11is makes a non-sense verion and I liked them all. I'm currently using the MIUI ROM and I have used that one longer than any of the others. It's updated every Friday and you can customize the hell out of it. Different meters, themes, etc. There are quite a few Sense ROMs as well and peopple seem to love those as well. All the devs over there keep up on their work and are damn good at what they do.

    The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to read the OP very well as they might have different recommendations for how to flash, radios, etc. Also read about the last 10 pages or so so you can get an idea of what is going on with their current version as they will update their ROMs but keep the original thread going.

    If you take your time and fully understand how to flash their ROMs you'll more than liely have little to no issues. Have fun. ROM flashing is an addiction but a healthy one.
    Wired4Speed likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    That's pretty much what I've been doing is reading the front page and the last 5-10 pages over there on what issues people may be having on if I would want to attempt that ROM or not. Thanks for the help.

    Why do you not like the sense?

    I have seens others leave out sense, but port some of the widgets and facebook for sense, which is pretty much what I like about it.
  6. #6  
    mrro82's Avatar
    Mr. Ro.

    Posts
    1,951 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,238 Global Posts
    Carrier
    TouchWizJB leak

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wired4Speed View Post
    That's pretty much what I've been doing is reading the front page and the last 5-10 pages over there on what issues people may be having on if I would want to attempt that ROM or not. Thanks for the help.

    Why do you not like the sense?

    I have seens others leave out sense, but port some of the widgets and facebook for sense, which is pretty much what I like about it.
    I like the minimalist look of having no sense. I like it sometimes. I get bored with things easily so I bounce around which is why I've been on different ROMs. I'm sure at some point in the near future I'll be back on Sense but right now I'm loving the MIUI ROM way too much to want to go back.

Posting Permissions