I need to unroot my inspire 4g and I dont know how, Can anybody help me?

ZYLNZ13

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I need to return my Inspire 4g and I have to unroot. Since ive rooted it I dont get calls or texts and My roommate get them on her iphone 4 :( man I hate iphone. Can anybody help?

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
There is a thread about this on xda. Just do a search in the inspire forums there. Should help you out.

Sent from my Inspire 4G

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
To downgrade your phone back to stock, you can download the current radio: RUU_Ace_Cingular_US_1.80.502.3_Radio_12.39.60.19_2 6.06.04.06_M_release

Download RUU

RUU_Ace_Cingular_US_1.80.502.3_Radio_12.39.60.19_26.06.04.06_M_release_166557_signed.exe - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

Once you've downloaded it, run the program, then connect your inspire via USB, and run it. The RUU will de-root the phone and bring it back to Sense UI.

You will loose all data and apps, but im sure you've had it backed up through your Google ID. This also works for phones that are stuck on repeating reboot, and need to re-root the phone.

Note: Be sure to have HTC Sync uninstalled on your PC before running RUU. Only keep your HTC Inspire Drivers.

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys asking hese questions in the thread that you got the ROM from? You don't have to go GQ if something isn't working. You might just need to re-flash the ROM you flashed in the first place. Try that first and if it still won't work. Try a different ROM. If then you still aren't satisfied, run the RUU that is on xda.

OP, run the RUU on xda to put your phone back to stock. There is also a way to turn s-ff back to s-on. Running the RUU won't do it. Then again, ATT might not even know it's off when you return it.

mohammadq

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
hey i just rooted my phone and dont really like it, so i tried returning it to stock and everything seems fine but i dont have sound anymore is there anyway to fix this?

mohammadq

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I used ace hack kit v11a. i went through all the steps and got it rooted with s-off and everything. and i wasnt to crazy about it so then i click on the return to stock menu option and it removed super user and rom manger which was great. but then i just noticed that i dont have sound

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I used ace hack kit v11a. i went through all the steps and got it rooted with s-off and everything. and i wasnt to crazy about it so then i click on the return to stock menu option and it removed super user and rom manger which was great. but then i just noticed that i dont have sound

Give this a whirl: [ROM]RUU_Ace_Cingular_US_1.80.502.3_Radio_12.39.60.19_2 6.06.04.06_M_release - xda-developers

Read the entire thread first to see if there is any issues and so you understand exactly what running this will and won't do. It's only 5 pages. Good luck.

nikhilnagaraj24

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I am trying the RUU method.... but my phone always gets stuck at the HTC screen.... There's no progress bar on the phone.... On the PC, it says "Sending............ "
I must have tried this about 6-7 times by now. The phone always gets stuck on the black screen with the silver letters 'HTC'..... I had used the goldcard method and loaded coredroid gingerbread rom....

Somepne please help.... I need to return the phone back to the store

dyne2199

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I am trying the RUU method.... but my phone always gets stuck at the HTC screen.... There's no progress bar on the phone.... On the PC, it says "Sending............ "
I must have tried this about 6-7 times by now. The phone always gets stuck on the black screen with the silver letters 'HTC'..... I had used the goldcard method and loaded coredroid gingerbread rom....

The process can take about 10 minutes to push the stock ROM back onto the phone. But just in case.... When you run the RUU, are you getting any USB errors at all? Just to be safe, are you shutting down firewalls/anti-virus on the PC? If you unplug the USB cable from the phone and perform a battery pull, can you boot into HBOOT? I had a similar problem a few months ago from an ENG S-Off utility that went south. Turns out my PC couldn't find the phone using any USB ports. Had to reinstall drivers, reboot PC, battery pull the Inspire, reconnect USB, ensure that the PC could see the Inspire, re-run the RUU utility, and about 10 minutes later..... all was right with the world.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk.

dyne2199

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Is their a video that can show you how to do this or a step by step guide.

I've not seen any videos on running the RUU utility, but I've done it before and it's actually easier than flashing a ROM. Just keep in mind that after running the utility that you'll still show as being S-Off in HBOOT. There's a workaround for restoring S-On if it's going back to the store as a return, if you need to go that route. Once you run the initial RUU utility, it will walk you through the process step by step. Easy as pie.

dyne2199

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey nik, if you can manage to get into Recovery, you could try to drop the Stock RUU file onto the root of your SD card (use an external Micro-SD card adapter if you have one, if you can't get the PC to see the phone) and boot into HBOOT. If all goes well, you should be prompted to allow the update. If you can't get to Recovery (which was the problem in my case), you'll need to try to force it via the RUU utility. If you battery pull and boot up and just get a plain white HBOOT screen with nothing but RUU as the only option, then Recovery is a no-go.

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com

Click the link on my sig, I have links and FAQs that can help you.

Whatever it is you did, you probably missed an instruction.

PA-CMan

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: I need to unroot my inspire 4g and I dont know how, Can anybo

I'm runnin g the s-on tool and it says daemon started successfully but it has been idling for about 10 minutes. Is that typical or is it not working? Should the phone be in "charge only" mode or some other mode? Thanks

Hawks21

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: I need to unroot my inspire 4g and I dont know how, Can anybo

To downgrade your phone back to stock, you can download the current radio: RUU_Ace_Cingular_US_1.80.502.3_Radio_12.39.60.19_2 6.06.04.06_M_release

Download RUU

RUU_Ace_Cingular_US_1.80.502.3_Radio_12.39.60.19_26.06.04.06_M_release_166557_signed.exe - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

Once you've downloaded it, run the program, then connect your inspire via USB, and run it. The RUU will de-root the phone and bring it back to Sense UI.

You will loose all data and apps, but im sure you've had it backed up through your Google ID. This also works for phones that are stuck on repeating reboot, and need to re-root the phone.

Note: Be sure to have HTC Sync uninstalled on your PC before running RUU. Only keep your HTC Inspire Drivers.
Homescrub I downloaded that RUU and everything is working fine, but is that all I need to do? Don't I have to turn S-on or is that okay if I don't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair