Custom ROM

reidrdj

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been running cm7 for about 2 months now. I'm looking for another solid custom rom that runs well on the inspire. Any suggestions?

Reidrdj HTC Inspire 4g

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
If you want a true Google experience, download this one:
[rom/kernel] * GingerBeast * -AOSP hybrid- 2.0 - xda-developers

The dev for this one is really good at this stuff and all the ROM's of his I've used, they all were stable and fast as all get out. I'm using this one now, and have been for a couple of weeks now. Haven't had a single issue. I recommend that one.

If you like having Sense on your phone, there are a bunch on there for that too. All depends on what you prefer.

reidrdj

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Does Ginger beast work well with the 10.3 version of flash. I have had an issue with cm7. Had to downgrade back to flash 10.2

Reidrdj HTC Inspire 4g

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Does Ginger beast work well with the 10.3 version of flash. I have had an issue with cm7. Had to downgrade back to flash 10.2

Reidrdj HTC Inspire 4g

I believe di11 included he new flash in the latest update. Check the OP for it to see the specifics.

reidrdj

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got Ginger beast. So sick. Where are the setting for the phone. Like if I want to change my processing speed and such

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got Ginger beast. So sick. Where are the setting for the phone. Like if I want to change my processing speed and such

Download SetCPU from the market. that will allow you to tweak the processor speed. If you haven't done that before, go up in small incremements. Blasting all the way up will probably lock your phone up.

reidrdj

May 12, 2011
Visit site
When you call someone, does the audio sound grainy and hi pitched? Mine definitely does. Nbd but did you have this problem, or possibly know the issue? Thanks again for your help

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
When you call someone, does the audio sound grainy and hi pitched? Mine definitely does. Nbd but did you have this problem, or possibly know the issue? Thanks again for your help

If you downloaded the new version of Ginger beat, you also need to flash the update patch in the OP of his thread. It fixes the sound quality and a couple of other things. Hope you're enjoying the AOSP goodness. :)

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
I was using GingerBeast for a few days, and its not bad. Only thing for me was not being able to customize my icons like CM7. It was a hassle, and so, I switched back to CM7.

And Netflix was buggy on GingerBeast. Not buggy, just terrible quality, as with CM7, it was crisp.

reidrdj

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I was using GingerBeast for a few days, and its not bad. Only thing for me was not being able to customize my icons like CM7. It was a hassle, and so, I switched back to CM7.

And Netflix was buggy on GingerBeast. Not buggy, just terrible quality, as with CM7, it was crisp.

You can change your icon if you get launcher pro plus.

Hawks21

May 9, 2011
Visit site
is there a video that shows step by step how to put gingerbeast onto your phone? I just rooted my phone and I am still new to this stuff

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
is there a video that shows step by step how to put gingerbeast onto your phone? I just rooted my phone and I am still new to this stuff

You don't really need a video.

All you do is take your ROM, place it on the root of your SD Card.

Go to ROM Manager, and Install from SD Card - Pick the ROM.zip and it installs. (Do a full wipe for a clean install)

Be sure to read what radio is needed for the roms, so you don't get radio issues like No Wifi or HSUPA enabled - get with the ROM developer which one is recommended.

reidrdj

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to properly install the recommended radio for Ginger beast. I don't want to mess it up.

bongo_man

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I have gone through 7 custom roms (used several features, functionalities/apps intensively for approx 3-4 days each rom) and I had to come back to Android Revolution with No Sense.
Extremely stable. Excellent battery life. During the day time, I put on my corporate hat and NEED this phone to work along the same line and during the evening, it needs to co-operate with a twist in lifestyle.
Although, i could ramble along without putting my finger on what it is that I like about this Rom, it just has the right ingredients for me.
I must admit, MIUI is definitely way up there. Simply put. Sleek and robust.

RoboWarrior

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm on lee droid rom and its stable with oc to 1.8. Its has great battery life with oc and I'm a pretty heavy user myself. A great alternative is the new kingdom rom with is at 1.3. Wait a month out so before downloading it because the battery life isn't the best. But check it out anyway.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt