Starting A List For After Rooting.Need Help With It.

Staticpunk84

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok if anyone can help me out on this. I would like to put a list of things you Need to do AFTER rooting your Inspire. Long story short I looked around countless of thread and find bits of pieces of things to do after your root.

Just would like to start something where this is a list to what you need to do after your done. So if ANYONE can help me out and may help others out with just the same ?s. This would be awesome. I know there are somethings like Titanium back up, ROM Manager, ClockWork. But if anyone can help put this together. Thank you.

Also if you have any videos that you can share that shows how to install something(because who does not like a Tut Video lol) rather it be a ROM or making a NANDOID(if thats right) backup if you need or not maybe just some how To's because I had to Root back to stock and this http://forum.androidcentral.com/inspire-rooting-roms-hacks/88094-rom-t-stock-rom-sense-unroot.html and the user helped me out, thanks again friend, very informative.

thanks again for any help hints and walk throughs.:)

I for got to add this in once your done rooting you can check it with super user to see if everything is good.

Last edited:
Reactions: homescrub

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
A list of after rooting?

1. After rooting your device, you will have to clear your Market App Cache so that your phone can re-register in the market.
  2. If you have Titanium Backup Pro, run a Batch Restore on Data only. Get all your emails, etc set back up.
  3. Once you have restored your data, depending on the ROM you want to install, be sure to download your ROM and the recommended radio it should run to give you optimal performance.
  4. Installing a ROM requires either downloading it through ROM Manager or installing it to the ROOT of your SD Card, and running ROM Managers' Clockwork Recovery to install it.
  5. When in Clockwork Recovery, be sure to wipe all data (which will be restored again through Titanium Backup if you have it). Wipe Dalvik Cache, and install the ROM of your choice following the menu prompts.
  6. Now that you have your ROM installed, find the recommended radio, place it on the ROOT of your SD card, rename it to PD98IMG.zip, and turn off phone. Once phone is off, you have to go into HBoot by pressing "Volume Down + Power Button". Once at the menu, press the Power Button once, and allow it to update the radio.
  7. After you have installed your new radio, phone will reboot, and you will be back on your rooted homescreen where you can do as you want, like check speeds, downloading other 3rd party apps, etc.

I hope I have a good list. Thats pretty much my list of things i do after root.

Staticpunk84

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
A list of after rooting?

1. After rooting your device, you will have to clear your Market App Cache so that your phone can re-register in the market.
  2. If you have Titanium Backup Pro, run a Batch Restore on Data only. Get all your emails, etc set back up.
  3. Once you have restored your data, depending on the ROM you want to install, be sure to download your ROM and the recommended radio it should run to give you optimal performance.
  4. Installing a ROM requires either downloading it through ROM Manager or installing it to the ROOT of your SD Card, and running ROM Managers' Clockwork Recovery to install it.
  5. When in Clockwork Recovery, be sure to wipe all data (which will be restored again through Titanium Backup if you have it). Wipe Dalvik Cache, and install the ROM of your choice following the menu prompts.
  6. Now that you have your ROM installed, find the recommended radio, place it on the ROOT of your SD card, rename it to PD98IMG.zip, and turn off phone. Once phone is off, you have to go into HBoot by pressing "Volume Down + Power Button". Once at the menu, press the Power Button once, and allow it to update the radio.
  7. After you have installed your new radio, phone will reboot, and you will be back on your rooted homescreen where you can do as you want, like check speeds, downloading other 3rd party apps, etc.

I hope I have a good list. Thats pretty much my list of things i do after root.

D*mn dude! your awesome! lol ? about number 1 about clearing out cache.. How would you go about doing so.?

yeah I re rooted my phone again lol..

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
D*mn dude! your awesome! lol ? about number 1 about clearing out cache.. How would you go about doing so.?

yeah I re rooted my phone again lol..

Right, for the Market App, you just go into your Settings, Applications and find Market App, and Clear Data/Cache. And reboot phone, and restart the app.

Its not always needed to do this, but only if the Market store can't recognize your device on your desktop browser.

Staticpunk84

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Right, for the Market App, you just go into your Settings, Applications and find Market App, and Clear Data/Cache. And reboot phone, and restart the app.

Its not always needed to do this, but only if the Market store can't recognize your device on your desktop browser.

I see well I went into my settings and then the apps was not there but I have the icon and it allows me to go the market and dl but its the the grey version I looked to see if there were an app for the market place I did not see one

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
I see well I went into my settings and then the apps was not there but I have the icon and it allows me to go the market and dl but its the the grey version I looked to see if there were an app for the market place I did not see one

Settings - Applications - Market?

You don't see it in your applications?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech