phone is now rooted but stuck as "desire HD"

Jay20

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I used the attn1's hack kit, successfully rooted it, and have sound, signal, decent speed test results, but it is stuck as HTC Desire HD, even tho I reinstalled the stock rom via the menu on hack kit, how do I get it to be the Inspire 4G and get H+ again, whereas I have H with the Desire?

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
You don't. The phone is originally the Desire HD/Inspire 4G. Same phone, nothing different other than radios between US and EU.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
The hack kit leaves you with a downgraded rom. You need to flash the latest stock rom and radio with root. This will make you stock identical to before you rooted but with s-off.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
So i can just download this on my phone and install using ROM Manager? Correct? lol im having the same problem too! xD

Yes. I got mine directly from xda, making sure that it had the unknown sources option. Hopefully this one linked has it.

cdshepherd87

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
If your going to flash the PD98IMG.zip from xda make sure you do not use rommanager or cwm to flash, use bootloader as the update contains a radio and it is NOT safe to flash a radio using RM or clockworkmod. Enjoy:)

Last edited:

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
If your going to flash the PD98IMG.zip from xda make sure you do not use rommanager or cwm to flash, use bootloader as the update contains a radio and it is NOT safe to flash a radio using RM or clockworkmod. Enjoy:)

That is how I did it. After placing the zip in your sd card, shut the phone down. While holding down the lower volume button, power up. After it flashes thru bootloader and reboots, you should be good to go. Stock like before you rooted, including radio.

ATT.Fan1982

May 3, 2011
Visit site
What's the latest baseband number for this radio. I current;y have baseband 12.39.60.19U_26.06.04.06_M and I'm wondering if this is the latest AT&T OTA baseband radio or is there a more current one?

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
What's the latest baseband number for this radio. I current;y have baseband 12.39.60.19U_26.06.04.06_M and I'm wondering if this is the latest AT&T OTA baseband radio or is there a more current one?

That is the radio that the phone came out with. The updated radio is 26.06.06.30_M.

jjmk4096

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem as the op.Some apps that I had downloaded from android market before rooting will no longer download because the market is now seeing my phone as a desire hd. Is there any way to make my phone report as an inspire without unrooting?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey