HELP!!! i rooted my fiances inspire....

chuck d

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
but then i tried to undo it fast cus i lost the sound and so i went into the disk drive and selected everything and deleted it... so what do i do, how do i get it back to stock like right out of the box, i've restarted it and all apps for rooting were deleted.... HELP!!! what do i do?:eek::eek::eek:
it never successfully installed and my s-on still so what do i do... i tried doing recovery mode but i end up just getting a red regtangle with a explination point

Last edited:

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
click on my signature.

Stop using Hack Kit for rooting.

What's wrong with using the hack kit? I rooted the other day with it and it was a breeze. The newest version v11 is simplified and menu driven. Just enable debugging and connect in charging mode. Menu 1 creates the gold card, but I had already created it with the gold card maker. Menu 2, where I started, downgrades the rom. When it is done and reboots, just forward thru setup, enable debugging again, and start menu 3, which gives you s-off. When it finishes and reboots, once again enable debugging and go to the options menu and flash the stock radio. After reboot, move your downloaded and renamed rom to the sd card, disconnect usb, and shut thebphone down. Restart in h-boot and let it install the rom. There is no need for a terminal emulator and no commands to enter. The only interaction is enabling debugging and making choices in the menu.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
What's wrong with using the hack kit? I rooted the other day with it and it was a breeze. The newest version v11 is simplified and menu driven. Just enable debugging and connect in charging mode. Menu 1 creates the gold card, but I had already created it with the gold card maker. Menu 2, where I started, downgrades the rom. When it is done and reboots, just forward thru setup, enable debugging again, and start menu 3, which gives you s-off. When it finishes and reboots, once again enable debugging and go to the options menu and flash the stock radio. After reboot, move your downloaded and renamed rom to the sd card, disconnect usb, and shut thebphone down. Restart in h-boot and let it install the rom. There is no need for a terminal emulator and no commands to enter. The only interaction is enabling debugging and making choices in the menu.

I guess you can say that after several members on the forum who experience issues as losing sound, or wifi, or accidental reboot loop, i think its easy to see why its an issue in using Hack Kit. don't believe me? search this forum and look at how many members have issues with it. Sure, they might not be paying attention to what they are doing, but the process of hack kit goes without saying that it also has its bugs which incorporate loss of some functions on the device.

Never had any issues using One-Click Simple Method. Works just the same, only it won't make my phone unusable with some features, like sounds, mms, or wifi.

As for the OP, you said you never rooted, so why are you posting here? Seems like all you did was reformat the SD card and got freaked out.

You probably didn't even root the phone properly. If you head on over to XDA, there is a video showing how to root the phone with Simple One Click Method.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Those were older versions of the hack kit. The new version is simplified and already includes the sound fix. Things get better. Don't get hung up in the past. I was going to orginally root with Bubby's method because it seemed easier (it was at the time), but when I saw how the hack kit had been simplified and improved, I took that route and it was even easier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781