What carrier for LG Optimus 2X?

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I wish I knew. Hopefully we find out soon. I heard that it might have a CDMA chipset but I can't remember where I heard that. If that is the case, I don't see this going to VZW with the devices they just announced. Who knows might be Sprint.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Initially, they said T-mobile. Now it seems they have no clue. We should find out soon enough.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I wish I knew. Hopefully we find out soon. I heard that it might have a CDMA chipset but I can't remember where I heard that. If that is the case, I don't see this going to VZW with the devices they just announced. Who knows might be Sprint.

Please, please, please let it be Sprint! LOL :)

jm0

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Sprint NEEDS this, will all the other carriers getting superphones what is sprint going to do? I would hardly call the Shift a superphone.

VCL

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Been with T-Mobile for a little over one year and I couldn't be happier. Have the N1 and MyTouch 4G and live in a very hot HSPA+ area with sick speed. Saying that it is very obvious I want this new LG device on T-Mobile. Combine the speed of their network and the price of their plans to me there is no better network. Let's not forget all other carriers will be charging more $$$ for their 4G service. NOT T-Mobile.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
My thought exactly... Sprint is trying hard to be the company with all, or most of the big name devices. Go Sprint go. :)

sweetmonster457

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
the LG black is going to At&t right? the LG revolution to Verizon i believe. so i feel like the optimus 2x is 50/50 t-mobile or sprint. im hoping sprint.

sweetmonster457

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
damn. im sitting on a sprint upgrade. the Evo shift isnt seducing me. deep down i want a huge screen. when is anything cool and not theoretical coming to sprint?

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Wait just a little while longer. I have been hearing that Sprint has some really good devices coming up.. they are going to announce them at another tech show. It is always good to wait a while.

GQ50

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Sprint is gonna sit back and let other companies release phones and not compete. I mean the Evo is a great phone but I'm sure newer version or more is coming.

crabjoe

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Sprint is gonna sit back and let other companies release phones and not compete. I mean the Evo is a great phone but I'm sure newer version or more is coming.

I'm not sure if Sprint has much of a choice.

I think the reason the phones are going to AT&T and Verizon are largely due to their size and how they run the promos. Both companies sell their top tiered phones on the cheap to gain customers, like $1 or BOGO; Sprint doesn't. So if you're a phone builder, who do you have the best chance with when it comes to sales?

Yes, I know the EVO went to Sprint last year, but Sprint was offering 4G, where no other carrier was. And for HTC to say they were 1st to 4G, in the US, probably was a big reason why Sprint got such a nice phone. Now that Sprint doesn't have the 4G advantage, what do they have that would entice a phone manufacture to want to release a top tier phone on them? At least T-Mobile is GSM making it easier for these builders to release a global phone with them.....

Last edited:

sweetmonster457

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
it sucks that we probably wont get our SPRINT hands on anything superior than the EVO or EPIC for another 6 months. thats why i was hoping for this LG in March-ish.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
June for a new Sprint phone sounds about right. That's one year after the Evo. Makes sense and though I'd love it to be this phone, if it's not I know there will be something comparable coming.

I'd keep my eye on CTIA for Sprint announcements.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad