Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yodatom10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Freedom Pro Keyboard- Connection Problems w/ LG Revolution

Background information.
    - Keyboard is paired with the phone
    - I can select the Freedom Pro Keyboard in my keyboard settings menu
    - Freedom Pro shows "Paired but not connected" in the Bluetooth setting section
    - Selecting the Freedom Pro Keyboard to connect does nothing. Same thing with devices result in a 'connecting' message. Again, no message of any kind when selecting the Freedom Pro Keyboard.

Have tried unpairing and re-pairing- no change. Switch is set to SPP, keyboard is on, just nothing. Ideas? Wondering if it's just a bad keyboard. It has to be sending something as pairing with my phone requires entering a 6-digit, randomly selected pairing code. Beyond that, nothing. Any help appreciated.

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by stuarth View Post
    Background information.
    - Keyboard is paired with the phone
    - I can select the Freedom Pro Keyboard in my keyboard settings menu
    - Freedom Pro shows "Paired but not connected" in the Bluetooth setting section
    - Selecting the Freedom Pro Keyboard to connect does nothing. Same thing with devices result in a 'connecting' message. Again, no message of any kind when selecting the Freedom Pro Keyboard.

Have tried unpairing and re-pairing- no change. Switch is set to SPP, keyboard is on, just nothing. Ideas? Wondering if it's just a bad keyboard. It has to be sending something as pairing with my phone requires entering a 6-digit, randomly selected pairing code. Beyond that, nothing. Any help appreciated.
    Welcome to android central. I would post this in the device section to get some more direct help. But it might be the keyboard is not compatible with your phone.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Last edited by yodatom10; 07-25-2011 at 04:09 PM.
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button
    Thanked by:
    yankeesrock likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Freedom Pro Keyboard- Connection Problems w/ LG Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by yodatom10 View Post
    Welcome to android central. I would post this in the device section to get some more direct help. But it might be the keyboard is not compatible with your phone.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Got it to work- not sure how as I didn't do anything different this time around. It works reasonably well and most of the buttons work as they should. One issue though. I keep toggling the language unintentionally while typing. Usually when I go to type "I". It switches to Korean which is annoying. Only way to toggle back so far is to go to settings and change the language there. Any advice on how to toggle languages using the keyboard keys? Thanks.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Freedom Pro keyboard- Language Toggling.

Turns out if you hit the space bar, shift, and "i" at the same time the keyboard will toggle to Korean. Doing the same thing again toggles it back to English. Looks like it's a bit of sloppy thumb control on my part that I'll need to correct as I keep toggling unintentionally. Pilot error, perhaps compounded by a less-than-desirable keyboard "feature".
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Final post. I submitted a help ticket on the Freedom company website, and received a response back within an hour. One more exchange, and the keyboard is running without the horrible shift/space language toggle. Deleting my existing driver and re-downloading and installing worked like a charm. Overall, the keyboard is much faster (for me at least) than struggling with the virtual keyboard, and makes the phone much more useful for email exchanges.

Now if they could only incorporate repeat on the keyboard/driver, that would make it even better but overall, the keyboard functions very well.