Help with Android Market app?

ahernandez#AC

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
So a couple of days ago I decided to finally install the handful of updates for my apps on my Inspire. It started off fine but after a few seconds all the downloads stopped so I went back to the market to restart and I kept getting this error message: "The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly."
I kept trying to open the Market app intermittently, turning the phone off and on again, clearing the app's data, and I would've tried to clear the cache but the phone had the option shaded, so I couldn't click it. I tried restarting the phone, instead of manually turning it off and on, and that didn't do anything either.
I let the phone sit overnight hoping that by morning the Market app would decide to stop quitting 'unexpected'ly but still nothing. So in a desperate attempt I uninstalled the app without thinking how I would get it back.
I've downloaded several apk's for the Market but my phone won't let me install any of them since they're from the internet and not the market itself. It's an AT&T phone so I don't have the option of letting the phone install anything from "unknown sources."
I've also tried going to the Market website from my Mac as a means of replacing the app, but my phone is never listed in the dropdown menu when I try to install an app.
I've EVEN tried using the Sideload Wonder but I can't figure out how to make it work on my Mac. It only seems to work perfectly on Windows.
Obviously I'm at a loss and am hoping that someone vastly more tech-savvy than I can conjure up a solution for me. I've been going crazy googling solutions but still nothing. On a final note, my phone is not rooted and I intend to keep it that way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair