Hey there, just joined the party at android central. I haven't pulled the trigger on a tablet yet but this pricing seems to be getting close to a sweet spot. With it getting ICS doe this appear a pretty good deal or continue to wait?
    I've been "doing" a complete google transformation that last couple months (igoogle, gmail, google+, docs, chrome, etc). I will basically be using the tablet for those things, books, some music so I won't be loading it up.....and as a sweet alarm clock
    Any positive opinions are welcome and glad to be here.
    11-04-2011 04:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central... not too bad of a deal.. you can find regular Xooms on eBay for around $370-400. The $340 to $360 price range sounds about right.

If you want to wait a little longer... the Xoom2 plus all of the holiday sales will probably drop that price even more.
    11-04-2011 05:28 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. I'm in no hurry and waiting to strike! After seeing that this unit was getting the ICS update and Best Buy was throwing in a screen protector, I thought I'd see where this sits with everyone here.
    11-04-2011 09:11 PM
    I know... I was thinking the same thing. I have a 7" Galaxy Tab but want something better. The only thing I don't like about the Xoom is its thickness. The Xoom2 is a lot thinner. I'm waiting to hear prices and release dates on the Xoom2 media edition before I make any final decisions. The 8.2" sounds perfect. I'm not sure I want a 10" tab... still deciding.
    11-04-2011 09:42 PM
    i think the family addition (ha) is 1.5mm thinner than the zoom. I ran into Best Buy this evening and it was easy to use and didn't "seem" thick. I do agree that the 8.2 " fits the grip better. should be an interesting 6-8 weeks with pricing.
    11-04-2011 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD