Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Talking Noob/Geezer got a 'smartypants' phone!

Howdy!

Just got my first smartphone. I had a Motorola Flip as my first cell phone, went through a couple more and my last cell phone was a Casio G'Zone. I never understood the hoopla surrounding 'smart phones' because nowhere have I ever seen 'smart phones' explained that they are actually small hand held computers that just happen to be able to make phone calls!

I was on Verizon, and was getting a small discount by being part of a large company. I retired but kep getting the discount, until last month that is. Verizon decided I was no longer eligible because I had retired. So, my monthly fee was going to increase to around $35 bucks. That got me looking around at different plans and I came across the new T-Mobile $30 per month deal.

I saw the Samsung Exhibit II 4G phone being advertised as the ideal new phone created just for this new plan, and I really like the looks of the phone and all the 'goodies' so that is what I got.

Well, I only used my cell phone maybe a couple times a month, to make a needed phone call. Never really thought about getting into the new stuff but as it turns out I really enjoy my home computer and when I discovered that these smart phones are just little computers I was pretty well sold on the idea.

I have been reading up on Android and 'apps' and such as much as I can and I came across this great website. So I signed up and have been reading tons of great info on here and am now interested in learning how to get all the bloatware off of my phone. Cheers!

-Grumpa Tom

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Welcome to the Android Central forums and the world of Android smartphones. Enjoy. :-)

Sent using Tapatalk

Default Re: Noob/Geezer got a 'smartypants' phone!

welcome to AC
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Noob/Geezer got a 'smartypants' phone!

Thanks!