Hello from MtDewKiDD

MtDewKiDD

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to pop in, say hello, and barrage the masses with all my newbie questions..lol

so here goes...

I got my LG optimus V about 3 weeks ago, and thanks to the info posted here figured out how to root my phone, as well as try out a few of the roms (currently running MiRaGe's CyanongenMod7 (12012011/vm670) and have found out lots of info..

However here's where the questions come into play.. I would really love to run a rom having the sense option like the HTC's have. I have found a custom rom for the HTC aria ( same cpu as the Optimus) what i wanna find out is if i flash this rom onto my non HTC phone will I end up bricking my device? and is anyone out there trying to make a work-around so non HTC phones can run a custom rom with sense built in?

I was thinking since both phones have the same cpu i might be able to pull this off, but before i go and do something reallly dumb i wanted to ask the pros here..

I'm not gonna get my hopes up, but would love some insight into this.Remember i'm just a newbie so dont set me on fire and roast hotdogs and make smores over my burning corpse...lol

Thanks in advance

MtDewKiDD:cool:

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the Android Central forums. Don't flash a ROM that isn't designed for your phone. It won't work and you could brick your phone. If you like the Sense look try using some alternate widget apps such as Beautiful Widgets. Enjoy.

Sent using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678