Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Let me introduce myself..

Hello Android Central,

I am a Blackberry LOVER.. and i had a 9900 as my personal and a 9700 for my work..

i got my work BB upgraded to a 9900, so i decided to try out Android for my personal.. selling my BB for $450 and getting my Samsung GSII LTE from rogers for $149 wasn't a bad deal ; >

I hope i can love android just as much as i love my Blackberry..

gotta a lot of reading to do on how to setup my email accounts via push cause i hate gmail, and never use it, just have one to activate the phone..

so looking forward to eventually giving input ; >

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Welcome to the Android Central forums. The Getting Started link at the top of the page has some good information that will get you started. Enjoy.

Sent using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    280 Global Posts

Default Re: Let me introduce myself..

Welcome to the forums.

Making the jump from the Bold 9930 myself to a Samsung GS II for sprint. So I know how you feel. Just have to wait for mine to come in. Think I'll keep my BlackBerry as a back up though.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

i've been searching all afternoon and i cannot find a way to get true push email for all my accounts..

i guess i'll just wait for the phone to arrive and then i can mess around with it...

if this can't be done, its gonna be a real pain in the *** for me to manage my email accounts..

BAH

Global Posts
    280 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johentie View Post
    i've been searching all afternoon and i cannot find a way to get true push email for all my accounts..

i guess i'll just wait for the phone to arrive and then i can mess around with it...

if this can't be done, its gonna be a real pain in the *** for me to manage my email accounts..

BAH
    Hopefully, can correct me if I'm wrong but, I believe gmail is true push email on the android platform. And you can push other email accounts through gmail. Try looking that up and seeing if that helps.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

you are correct, but i do not want to use GMAIL!!

i hate it with the passion haha

Global Posts
    280 Global Posts

Aawww. . .why the hate?

Once I get my Epic 4G touch in the mail I'll look into this more and keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by johentie View Post
    Welcome to Android Central!

Click the Getting Started button at the top of any page for help.

Here is the BlackBerry User's Guide to Android with a link on how to set up Gmail to handle multiple accounts with push notifications.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓