No service on samsung galaxy s ii after root/unroot

in trouble

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Good Afternoon All: I am " in trouble" and I am in trouble. I have a samsung galaxy s II which I attempted to root. No service or connection after doing it. Tried to use various threads to fix and ended up attempting to unroot. Still no service. Can't make/receive calls, use internet, etc... The USB debugging was checked in case you are curious. I did a "hard reset". Still no service. At this point I need immediate help with regaining use of my phone!

eccloneonly

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
i had this problem as well, here is my story, i looked around on the net pretty much saw the same thing no service what do i do, i found a customer service number for boost called was brought to a point where i dailed a ## number on my phone it asked me for a msl number that you get from the customer service walkthorugh enter that your phone reboots and it starts and a hands free activation request thing( this basically resets the phone data service), this for me failed i was prompted with internal error blah blah i hate you , so here im thinking maybe if i swap the number to a new phone, but enter in my phone info it will think this is a new phone and it will reset my service like i just set up the phone......that was my theory tried this.....and red flag instantly i was connected to a customer service rep.....lol finally i get ahold of a real person, the elusive boost customer service rep a rare find indeed...... i explain my issues and she runs me through the same step i did from the automated number , still says internal error, she tried one last thing before sending me off to the real technical people, this involved another ## number on the keypad, but this was different then the automated number....this brought up a screen and you go into edit something, enter in your phone number then back and enter in antother number that she gives you over the phone , im guessing the root process messed all this info up, your phone reboots one more time, after this i tried an outgoing call and it worked, texts as well, the net isnt quite up and im having issues connecting to wifi, the data im sure takes more time to become available but the wifi connectivity issue beats me because it will teather wifi, working on cracking these with kali linux for fun... i dunno thought i was beat things worked out, have root and cell service....win

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
What root method did you use? I've heard that certain methods mess with the radio and modem, effectively rendering cellular data and/or WiFi useless.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez