transferring music, pictures from one phone to another

llclark60

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't seem to find an answer with much searching. I just bought a Spectrum and want to transfer the contents of my old Droid to the new memory card in the Spectrum (new card has 16gb vs 8). I know I somehow have to transfer the contents of the old phone to my computer first and then transfer from the computer to the new phone. I just can't get any easy to do info with easy, clear instructions. And I do mean I need instructions that are as simplified and easy to understand as possible :D

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't seem to find an answer with much searching. I just bought a Spectrum and want to transfer the contents of my old Droid to the new memory card in the Spectrum (new card has 16gb vs 8). I know I somehow have to transfer the contents of the old phone to my computer first and then transfer from the computer to the new phone. I just can't get any easy to do info with easy, clear instructions. And I do mean I need instructions that are as simplified and easy to understand as possible :D
First, welcome to Android Central.

Second.

Your correct on the procedure. You can transfer music, pictures, videos that you have stored on your sdcard to your new sdcard/device.

They will be located in directories like DCIM which is your pictures & video taken via your camera/camcorder.

Also you have directories on your sdcard like Pictures/Music/Video, etc.. so check those locations too...

Its really just copy & paste from your old sdcard to your computer then placing it as they were onto your new sdcard.

Hope this helps, enjoy the forums.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I hear good things about Airdroid as well, which allows you to wirelessly transfer files from phone to phone. Not sure how fast the transfer speed is, though.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

You should also be able to take your charging cable and plug it into your PC. Let the PC load any drivers it needs, essentially let it say hello to you device while they share a cup of Java (dumb joke I know...couldn't resist...) Anywho...when your PC and phone are ready, you should get a notification on you PC that you can do things (pop up window, etc) The just like looking for a file through File explorer, you can open up the device through your PC, and drag and drop files.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma