Why, hello!

paigemariee

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone!
My name is Paige and since September I have been interning for Open Garden (Tether app). I have helped them generate some designs for widgets and icons (I am actually a trained artist having graduated from Massachusetts College of Art and Design) and mock-ups for the newest, unreleased app. Currently, the layout for Open Garden Beta (more on that in a bit) is my design, however will probably be replaced by a serious UI designer once the funding is available.
Open Garden offered me the Community Manager position, i.e. to build, manage and integrate an Open Garden online community. So far I have launched the forum along with the sign-up for our private beta testing. Although I have little experience participating in forums and online communities, I believe my progress has been very efficient and that I am adjusting to this position smoothly. I have learned a lot so far, but am still struggling with the building of the community.
As the community manager, I would like to focus the forum not only to Open Garden support and company based discussion, but am interested in generating discussion that correlate with our principles. Net neutrality, sharing broadband and taming the semi-monopolized internet infrastructure are three interests of the company which I would like to explore. Further, I would really like to open the forum up to more general discussions based on intellectual property, the constant threat from the movie/music/science/art industries on the internet and methods or ideas to address these themes. I have strong opinions on these topics and believe it is important to be calling attention to them now.
If you have any advice or interest please let me know.

Other than that, I am an active Android user of 3 years, original Droid, Droid 2 and now Droid 2 Global (thank god for insurance). :) I frequently read these forums, but having this new job decided it would be best to sign up and get directly involved!

I am available to advise on any Adobe Creative Suite related topics or even if you're interested in using Processing for anything, I am pretty fluent in it's capabilities. My real passion is creating interactive installations that deal with perception, the brain and science concepts. I love Arduino too. :)

Thanks for reading!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance