1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New to Android. VERY Confused

I just switched from the iphone 4 to the new galaxy note. My phone is amazing but in general Android is confusing me.
    My ram says 550mb/732mb. I keep clearing the memory on the bottm and it doesn't change much. I went to applications and running services and closed stuff but when I go back in and what i just closed has restarted again. Does this matter?

When I DL an app and I need to accept it i get all these permissions. I'm DLing from the marketplace so they are legimate apps but what the permissions say are freaking me out.

Any ideas on how to get my music from the Iphone onto my Note???

By the sounds of it Kies is androids version on Itunes??? Do I DL this onto my computer?

I try to send the little android smilies in text messages and they only come up as characters to the other person. Will they only show up with other andriod users? Is there a smilie face app that I can DL to use with ppl that don't have android. Like the Iphone had the emoji keyboard

That is my start for now. I'm sure I will be back very shortly with more questions.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you very much for your time!!!
    Nicole

Default Re: New to Android. VERY Confused

Quote Originally Posted by nicbee4409 View Post

I try to send the little android smilies in text messages and they only come up as characters to the other person. Will they only show up with other andriod users? Is there a smilie face app that I can DL to use with ppl that don't have android. Like the Iphone had the emoji keyboard
    Hi Nicole!

On my Droid Incredible I used as my Text Messaging app. I also downloaded the which gives you all the cool smileys. These can be downloaded from the Android Market.

I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by nicbee4409 View Post
    I just switched from the iphone 4 to the new galaxy note. My phone is amazing but in general Android is confusing me.
    My ram says 550mb/732mb. I keep clearing the memory on the bottm and it doesn't change much. I went to applications and running services and closed stuff but when I go back in and what i just closed has restarted again. Does this matter?

When I DL an app and I need to accept it i get all these permissions. I'm DLing from the marketplace so they are legimate apps but what the permissions say are freaking me out.

Any ideas on how to get my music from the Iphone onto my Note???

By the sounds of it Kies is androids version on Itunes??? Do I DL this onto my computer?

That is my start for now. I'm sure I will be back very shortly with more questions.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you very much for your time!!!
    Nicole

With the music you can use Google Music and upload your entire library to it for free (up to like 20k songs) and you can set up playlists on that and download them right to your phone or stream your own library if you want, it's pretty sweet. I have a mac and have no need to use Kies since Google Music is browser based you can open it wherever.

The emoticons will only show up to fellow android users, you can search for apps like that on the marketplace, like the previous poster said smsgo is a good one, you can also try handcent. Those are both alternative sms apps, not exactly sure whether the icons will transfer across platforms.

The major thing here is the music... Get Google Music! fyi, you need to upload your library to it which depending on its size could take a few days.

The ram issue I'm not to sure about, you can download a task killer app which will kill selected apps or let selected ones run full time. Once the Note gets ICS you won't need it... At least I don't use it on my gnex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk