Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Default Re: Data settings for Consumer Cellular

Thanks for the doc. The important part for me was contacting CC to turn on Data (Web) for my account. I could not do that on their website and it was not active by default. I had to call with my imei and then they flipped the Data switch. But everyone here with APN settings are much appreciated. Happy with my Nexus 4 and they are $100 cheaper now.

I just setup my Nexus 4 on CC. I called to setup access and the told me I'd get a callback the next day. I got that call and these are the settings they gave me:

• Name: cci
    • APN: att.mvno
    • Proxy: 66.209.11.32
    • Port: 80
    • username/password/server: not set
    • mmsc: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    • MMS proxy: 66.209.11.32
    • MMS port: 80
    • MCC: 310
    • MNC: 410
    • Authentication type: PAP
    • APN type: default,supl,mms,agps,fota
    • APN protocol: IPv4
    • APN roaming protocol: IPv4
    • Bearer: unspecified

I'm on CyanogenMod 10.1.x. The data connection is working, though I'm not sure if I'm 2G or 3G. I haven't modded my radio for LTE and I don't even know if CC can provision LTE service. I haven't tested MMS.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Data settings for Consumer Cellular with a Motorola Atrix MB860

Quote Originally Posted by lonstein View Post
    I just got a Samasung Galaxy 4s (verizon) and am trying to set it up for Consumer Cellular. Unfortunately I keep trying the above settings and I cannot get the phone to send an mms message or receive one for that matter. Any suggestions?
    Is the phone working with Consumer Cellular, I didn't think a Verizon phone would work with CC ?

Quote Originally Posted by lonstein View Post
    I just got a Samasung Galaxy 4s (verizon) and am trying to set it up for Consumer Cellular. Unfortunately I keep trying the above settings and I cannot get the phone to send an mms message or receive one for that matter. Any suggestions?
    Same thing here. I have a Verizon Galaxy S4. Voice, data, and SMS work but no MMS. Any solution yet?

Quote Originally Posted by swmii View Post
    I bought an ATT Avail, running 2.3.4, to use with CC and had a bit of an adventure getting it to work with internet. I called CC and they registered the phone and helped me setup a new APN. The problem I had was while it would connect to the new apn it wouldn't stay on it and it kept falling back to the ATT WAP apn and lose connection. In the end I had to down load an app from the market place called APN Manager Pro ($1.39). I used that to edit the ATT WAP apn, which is normally uneditable. I set it as follows

APN - att.mvno
    Proxy - 66.209.11.32
    Port - 80
    Username - <not set>
    Password - <not set>
    Server - http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMSC - http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS proxy - 66.209.11.32
    MMS port - 80
    MCC - 310
    MNC - 410
    Authentication type - PAP or CHAP
    APN Type - default, supl,admin,mms, hipri

Since then I've been able to use the phone, internet, sms and mms without issue
    Thanks Swmii! Your configuration worked for my Samsung Galaxy S3. It went from zero data connection to 4G, - Internet, SMS, MMS, the whole deal. I did not use APN Manager Pro. I just used the internal Android tools.

BTW - I had called CC and gave them my IMEI number. They had been unable to send config data, due to their system being down for Sunday updating <they said> I'm willing to give them the benefit of a doubt as they have always had good customer service over the past 10 years + we have been with them.

fogdrip
    Last edited by fogdrip; 10-07-2013 at 02:58 AM.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Thanks for the great postings! I have been with CC for about 3 years. I unlocked my old T-Mobile My touch 3g slide which finally died. Setting it up for CC was straightforward enough. I got a good deal on an iPhone 3gs recently, so have been using it, but just can't take the iphone any longer!!! Bought a new phone off Ebay, Incredible 2 from Verizon that is fully unlocked. Well, I was able to get it (mostly) working, however I can't get 3G to work!!! My assumption is this is because it was built for Verizon network--even though it is unlocked, I am thinking this is simply a limitation. I have a Galaxy S2 shipping from Ebay now. It is unlocked and IS an AT&T phone... I am betting that I will have no problem getting 3G with this one. Anyone else have problems with 3G data with a non AT&T phone? Thanks!

CDMA devices (Verizon/Sprint) do not work on GSM (Tmobile/AT&T/Consumer Cellular) networks.

is Consumer Cellular price competitive? i see the commercials but it seems like a rip off. check out Straight Talk at Walmart stores -

Welcome to Straight Talk

OMG, Dan thanks so much. It worked. I have been "just dealing" with not being able to download MMS texts for way too long. Your instructions were clear and easy to follow. I have a consumer cellular (love consumer cellular) Huawei 8800, and I thought it was Huawei's fault, so glad this could be fixed. It still takes the MMS a while to DL, but at least I can read them now. THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by yamillrx View Post
    Here are the settings that worked for a Motorola Defy running android 2.2.2. It should work for most android phones. Consumer cellular tech support was pretty useless. They would send me the settings and nothing would work. I use the following:
    Name: Consumer cellular
    apn: att.mvno
    Proxy: proxy.mvno.ccmobileweb.com
    Port: 80
    user name: not set
    paswd: not set:
    server: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32
    MMS Port: Not set
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication Type:PAP or CHAP
    APN Type: Not set
    yes, I confirm this works with Samsung Galaxy Express on Nov 14, 2013 with Consumer Cellular, yay

Default Re: Consumer Cellular APN / Data settings

same here.

I thought that I had read everything about setting up the Nexus 5 on Consumer Cellular (CC) and was ready for everything to work. Everything does work except the reception and sending of MMS images. I cannot send or recieve MMS images. All other systems work without a hitch. Am I missing something or is this a limitation of CC? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thumbs up Re: Data settings for Consumer Cellular

Quote Originally Posted by swmii View Post
    I bought an ATT Avail, running 2.3.4, to use with CC and had a bit of an adventure getting it to work with internet. I called CC and they registered the phone and helped me setup a new APN. The problem I had was while it would connect to the new apn it wouldn't stay on it and it kept falling back to the ATT WAP apn and lose connection. In the end I had to down load an app from the market place called APN Manager Pro ($1.39). I used that to edit the ATT WAP apn, which is normally uneditable. I set it as follows

APN - att.mvno
    Proxy - 66.209.11.32
    Port - 80
    Username - <not set>
    Password - <not set>
    Server - http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMSC - http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS proxy - 66.209.11.32
    MMS port - 80
    MCC - 310
    MNC - 410
    Authentication type - PAP or CHAP
    APN Type - default, supl,admin,mms, hipri

Since then I've been able to use the phone, internet, sms and mms without issue

Yep, this worked spot on for a 'locked' ATT Galaxy S3 mini running Jellybean 4.1.2.

Good work...

Thanks for uploading your document. I couldn't get MMS to work on my Nexus 5 and Consumer Cellular until I used the setting on your doc.

I have the Huawei Ascend Y300 on Consumer Cellular and tried all of the settings here and none of them seem to work. Which settings do I need to work on this model phone?

Thanks

Welcome. Great data settings there. Hope you enjoy the community!

I just bought an unlocked LG Escape to use on Consumer Cellular. I am trying to get the mobile hotspot feature to work. Before I signed up I was told by CC that if my phone had the feature it might work, they just don't recommend it. Has anyone been successful getting a hotspot to work?

Thanks Mobigal-Finally!!! I have my pictures coming through on my Android 4.0.4, Samsung Captivate!! I have been searching for settings for my specific phone for awhile... but after trying many different combinations from others with different phones, and never getting the pictures to function completely, and now trying this one from another 4.0.4, seems to make sense that it would be more dependent on the Android Version the phone is running than anything else? thoughts...
    Last edited by twiggin; 12-16-2013 at 10:52 PM. Reason: more info

FINALLY - - - settings that work to get Internet on my ATRIX 4G!

Name: Consumer Cellular
    APN: att.mvno
    Username: (leave blank)
    Password: (leave blank)
    Server: (leave blank)
    MMSC: (leave blank)
    MMS proxy: proxy.mvno.ccmobileweb.com
    MMS port: 80
    Authentication type: (leave blank)
    APN type: default,mms,supl,agps,fota
    APN protocol: IPv4

can anybody help with cc apn settings for pantech crossover.

Thank you! Works perfectly! After 2 hours of frustration with CC help.

Moto X, no contract, ATT locked, bought directly from Motorola. Consumer Cellular service started on Friday 12-20. All phone features seem to be working even mms. All settings, except APN Type gotten from Consumer Cellular folks. APN Type setting gotten from this forum. Even though the CC folks didnt always have the correct answers, at least I could always quickly speak with someone and they were very very nice.

APN - att.mvno
    Proxy - 66.209.11.32
    Port - 80
    Username - <not set>
    Password - <not set>
    Server -
    MMSC mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS proxy - 66.209.11.32
    MMS port - 80
    MCC - 310
    MNC - 410
    Authentication type - PAP
    APN Type - default,mms,supl,agps,fota
    APN roaming protocol: IPv4

I am so glad I found this thread! Everything worked except sending and receiving picture messages on my Galaxy Note 3. After many calls I was told they can't guarantee everything when it's not a CC phone. Before I gave up and went back to AT&T I did a google search and found this forum. I now have everything I had with AT&T for about 1/2 the price!

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note I717 with Android 4.1.2. Need APN settings for MMS and Internet. Have searched this site and tried dozens of recommended settings to no avail, Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by criscastro View Post
    MMSC: (leave blank)
    The CORRECT 'APN' settings for the Atrix 4g MB860 and MB861 are as follows:

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com

You MUST REGISTER YOUR PHONE'S "IMEI #" WITH CONSUMER CELLULAR!!! *** you can access the IMEI number of your phone by keying in '* # 06 #' (without the quotes). Consumer Cellular must have your IMEI in order to register your phone on the CC network. Without registration of your locked or unlocked MB860 or MB861, you will not be able to exchange MMS either inbound or outbound. Call Consumer Cellular and give them the IMEI # and have them register your phone to the network!!!!

I did two of these phones, my own MB860 and my partner's MB861, last night in order to preserve order and peace in the home... lol. Though I have no formal training in PC's or smart phones, it seems I have a knack for fixing things unless I find them useless ;-)

Phones: Motorola Atix 4G MB860 (made for sale in US) running Android version 2.3.6, purchased used and unlocked on **ay for less than $80 shipped to my door.
    and: Motorola Atrix 4G MB861 (made for sale in Korea) running Android version 2.3.4, purchased new on **bay for less than $120.00 shipped to my door.

IMHO, the Atrix 4G MB860-861 is an extremely good value in a GSM phone you can take with you anywhere in the world :-)
    Last edited by applesandcheese; 02-04-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast