Built in keylogger???

devonmig

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'm almost positive this is the wrong place to post this, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where else I can post bc every where else tells me I can't start a new thread. So anyways, here goes.
I just got an optimus slider in feb. This was my first android too. I'm a big fan of messing with stuff, especially technology, so naturally I rooted the phone. Originally I used titanium backup but something weird happened where it wasn't syncing to dropbox right. I accidentally erased something I needed... blah blah blah... I dl the androzip app. Now, bc I love messing with things, I start playing with. As I'm going through it I see that I can look at more than just my sd card, I can basically see my whole phone. So I decided to copy everything into a file on the sd card in case I do something stupid again and waste time trying to fix it. Here's where it gets weird. I then go into the file I copied into a subfolder named "bin". In it is 2 document looking graphics titled "keylogger" and "keylogger test". It won't let me open them to scope them out. So I go online and read articles about built in keyloggers... so of course I want to delete this. But -even though I have basically copied and pasted- I can only find it in the sd file I created. Does anyone understand what I'm talking about? And if so, what is this? And if it is the built in keylogger (bc what else could it be?) How do I get rid of it?

Amoee

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
You should first check whether you have a mobile keylogger on your phone.
There are a few signs that may help you find out if your cell phone has spy software installed. Quite often these signs can be quite subtle but I still googled some ways to help you detect if mobile spy installed on your phone.
1. Notice whether you experience trouble when shutting off your phone or whether your phone continues to stay lit up for several seconds to a minute after you've shut it off.
2. Notice if your phone lights up when you're not using it to make or receive a call or access any of the phone's apps. Spyware has to "call" your phone to get information.
3. Note any strange background noises or clicks when you're on a call.
4. Notice an increase in GPRS activity. This indicates spy software is tracking your location.
5. Notice whether the icon that shows the Internet connection activates several times a day for no reason.
6. Ask anyone who may have borrowed your phone whether they installed any software, wallpapers or ringtones.