root droid bionic with gingerbread 2.3.4

tbilly2065

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

This is my first root job and it didn't go as hoped for.
I went to Motorola_End_User_Driver_Installation_5.2.0_64bit.msi downloaded motorola oneclick root.zip (which never gave me the run option but the open & then extract files option). The drivers were downloaded from Arabs.com℠ (to phone), wouldn't download to pc. The cell was set to debugg & charge only. No reboot, no activity at all.

Sooo, we tried the RootzWiki, it came up and was going through the 3 steps; and rebooting; but at the last step it failed with an error message of: Adb couldn't be granted root accessv via local.prop method. try again from start, check version of gingerbread. Now RootzWiki is for version 2.3.4; however, my bionic is gingerbread 2.3.4

I'm using a HP, windows7 premium,32bit,intel duo core by intel.

Someone please offer up some help, I'm really disgusted with all the bloatware & uninstallable programs on my phone.

Thx.

Last edited:

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)

You'll want to make sure you are using the right root method for the firmware you have installed. I believe the most current one is .905. With updates from Motorola, some of the exploits get patched I believe so some of the older ones for .901, .893 may not work.

You'll also find more help in the Motorola Droid Bionic forum below.

Reactions: tbilly2065

tbilly2065

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello there again,
thx 4 n4.

I discovered that.902 is on my bionic&its trying 2 update to.905, didnt let it do that.

Well, after trying 2 uninstall an app,(couldnt, no uninstall button) & open a bloat app, it kindly told me my cell appeared 2b rooted.

Guess that means that the motofail worked!

Confusd as 2y i cant uninstall bloatware tho.

Got the latest drivers from motorola, used motofail, su , voodoo ota rootkeeper, & titanium (free) is in my apps. Pro cant b added until free installed 1st.

So what step did i miss?

Anybody know?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad