"newbee" looking for best way to sync Outlook & Razr Maxx

sjt777 steve

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm an Android "newbee." A brief intro... I bought my first "bag" phone for $1,200 in 1993 (remember those batteries?). My first "smart" phone was the Palm Pilot. Eventually moved to the Windows-based phone, and have remained a die hard Windows phone user until I finally saw the light and now I'm an Android newbee with a Razr Maxx.

One of the reasons I stayed with the Win phones for so long was because I rely heavily on Outlook (Contacts, Calendar AND Tasks AND Notes) in my work and I thought i had to change over to Google everything. However, I see that isn't necessarily so.

I've read alot of comments recently on the web about different software availabe to sync Outlook and the Razr "seamlessly" but I've also read alot of disaster stories, conflicting reports, as well as some posts that are quite old and I'm not sure how relevant they are (since software is continually being improved, updated, etc.).

I've already learned so much just from reading through some of the posts and I'm hoping to learn from others who are currently (and successfully) using Outlook on their pc and syncing an Android phone.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer. .

MrBucket85

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Google calendar sync will take care of some of it but I haven't looked for a way to keep contacts synced.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I use touch down its great for outlook. It'll sync contacts, calendar email, task. Very easy set up.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central