1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Self intro -- Hi, I'm Mark, and I'm a technoholic

Good to be here... or anywhere.

Last week I pre-ordered the Nexus 7 which helped me to decide to sell my hp touchpad(32GB).
    I'm sending it back to hp for a bezel replacement. Once it's back I'll reinstall Cmod 9 and put it up for sale, good as new. In fact, I'm hoping it will be better than new with a better part than the original piece that cracked..

Is there an ftp client for my N7 so I can transfer files to/from my PC and NAS? If I can't and there is only Google Play then I will question this purchase.

So, that's my intro.
    Thanks for reading.
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Default Re: Self intro -- Hi, I'm Mark, and I'm a technoholic

Hi Mark!

What OS are you running on your desktop? Android is very FTP friendly; Windows doesn't think we need it. Typically, the Android device has different apps, depending on if you are setting it up as a client or server, but there are several that will do the task. I find it just as easy to use a desktop file manager with both the Android device and the NAS mounted, too.

Ghost Commander and the SMB plugin for Android have met all my needs on this front; it's also a great file manager, especially if you are rooted.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.