My android phone S2 upgraded to android 4.0.4 and having problems

guitar_renegade

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The real question here is does anyone know how I can revert back to my older android version, before 4.0.4. Below is my rant on why I want to do this.

The other day my phone installed an update to the adroid system. I currently have 4.0.4. This is the worst version I have had since I bought this S2 phone last october. Here are all the things wrong with it.
1. Overall design is ugly. I don't like the unlock screen when you power up the display. It was better when the texts and missed calls were displayed on each side whereas the new version has it towards the top. There is also a stupid circle where your finger touches to slide and unlock the screen which is also annoying. The signal bars and battery level icons also look really bad.
2. Battery life is noticably worse. I never had a problem with battery life until now. And my phone seems to be getting warmer when I use apps like facebook.
3. Email display is just weird. The old format was much easier to sort through. The new one does not help me in any way, it is just an eyesore.
4. My Swype keyboard was disabled. (Good job Android way to disable a very basic device on my phone). Luckily I joined this forum site and found a fix. But why is it my job to figure out how to fix this??
5. My phone does not run as smooth as before. Applications take longer to open and the internet cuts out. I've never had these problems.

I've never had any issues with this phone before but I feel like my phone just became an inferior product. (Is this so I will upgrade to S3 and spend more money to get a decent product??). Poor Design Android.

Last edited by a moderator:

dlewis2963

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
My s2 has had the exact same issues ever since I updated. So aggravating. What fix did you find, cause I'm so desperate I was going to take it to geek squad this weekend.

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: My android phone S2 upgraded to android 4.0.4 and it sucks

I'm kind of glad to see other users are experiencing the same issues. -_-

Everywhere I look everyone is hailing 4.0.4 as the greatest thing ever, meanwhile the SII has been completely trashed as far as functionality and performance.
Not only does it lag and glitch up now (ohhh, so many glitches and freezes), but it gets hotter than Hades.

Seriously, didn't they test this before they released 4.0.4?

I am tempted just to get a new phone.
My Samsung Solstice operated better than this...

In my opinion Android has just ruined one of their best phones ever.

DLZZ

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

I was happy with my choice to go with android until the 4.0.4 upgrade. Now my apps crash, my phone heats up, widgets don't work right (included clock widget likes to freeze (really??? can't get a clock right???)), and worst of all the application "home" crashes... My God...can't even get the home screen right? Worst is when I restart and home crashes right away, the "sorry home has crashed notification" blocks the reset option since there are no running apps to default to. Forcing me to have to pull the battery.

Good Job guys, you ruined my opinion of you!

Steven Reed1

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

Same here. I loved my phone until the 4.0.4 problems started. Now programs crash randomly, my contacts are messed up, and I never know when my phone is going to become a useless brick. Please give us an option to roll back the OS. 4.0.4 is a disaster. I am spending up to an hour each day fighting with my phone just to accomplish the simplest of tasks. Podkicker stops randomly and forgets where a file left off. Instagram freezes and there is no way to see if the media scanner has finished working anymore, so I never know if I'm good to try something or need to wait longer. Also the battery drain is horrible.

GALAXY NOTE user

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Me too!

My telephone GALAXY NOTE

I have had it for a whole year, everything was working wonderfully till I had a problem with batteries not charging and even with a new battery, no way to start the phone.

I sent it to Samsung customer service. They repaired it but they had the bad idea to update my ANDROID 2.3.6 to 4.0.4

Bad idea. I have now all the bad things people tell here and much more.

I sent it back to SAMSUNG CS again asking by mercy they put back my Android 2.3.6 as downgrading. They refused it saying to me over the telephone call SAMSUNG laws oblige them to update every telephone that comes to repair.

NOW I have a silly WIFI that fails every 5 minutes when watching TV (before when working on PC I used to watch TV for 3 to 4 hours long without WIFI fails)

Battery is shorter. APPS take double time now to start. Telephone heats double too. Many good things I had on 2.3.6 disappeared.

I'm not going to keep this sh** on my beloved GALAXY NOTE, I am going to take it to a telephone shop as soon as I get 30 or 40 euros to downgrade my telephone there, with their professional geek skills... I do not want to break my head doing those weird things of ODIN, etc

and say bye bye to new upgradings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance