1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How I got here

Hey guys!

I'm a bit new here (week or so maybe?) and I am just warming up to Android, so...keep it cool.

I'm a major Windows Phone fan at WPCentral, I have wrote several posts over there (worth a read, if you have the time). Anyways, I'm taking a break from them, but only until WP8. I recently retired my Nokia Lumia 900 for a Used $36 Samsung Focus. I'm currently considering the Google Galaxy Nexus (I'm on AT&T) for $350. Anything better than that? I wouldn't know, so make sure you comment below!

Anyways, I have an urge to write articles. WHY? Don't ask, I don't know. Anyways, I normally get tons of views on WPCentral.

Anyways....I'd like to know your take on Windows Phones? Have you tried them? What's your thoughts? Let me know!

Also, in exchange, give me some Android tips!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by baileystein View Post
    Hey guys!

I'm a bit new here (week or so maybe?) and I am just warming up to Android, so...keep it cool.

I'm a major Windows Phone fan at WPCentral, I have wrote several posts over there (worth a read, if you have the time). Anyways, I'm taking a break from them, but only until WP8. I recently retired my Nokia Lumia 900 for a Used $36 Samsung Focus. I'm currently considering the Google Galaxy Nexus (I'm on AT&T) for $350. Anything better than that? I wouldn't know, so make sure you comment below!

Anyways, I have an urge to write articles. WHY? Don't ask, I don't know. Anyways, I normally get tons of views on WPCentral.

Anyways....I'd like to know your take on Windows Phones? Have you tried them? What's your thoughts? Let me know!

Also, in exchange, give me some Android tips!

Thanks!
    Hey and welcome to the forums. The galaxy nexus would be a great way to discover android from a stock level. However, the phone already is a little outdated with lesser specs than the new flagship devices. I dont understand why google chose to put a 5 MP camera on such a game-changing phone. I would wait to see what the new nexus device(s) will be when they are unveiled in the upcoming months. If you really want the phone now and cant afford the new nexus device it would be a spectacular start to android. I actually contemplated getting the htc surround way back when WP first came to At&T, mainly for the xbox live feature. But i stuck with android and am happy. I tried out a WP based launcher off of google play for a week. I liked its ability to get in and get out of apps in a hurry but got bored after awhile. WP is just to boring and uncustomizable kinda like ios is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How I got here

Quote Originally Posted by Will1524 View Post
    Hey and welcome to the forums. The galaxy nexus would be a great way to discover android from a stock level. However, the phone already is a little outdated with lesser specs than the new flagship devices. I dont understand why google chose to put a 5 MP camera on such a game-changing phone. I would wait to see what the new nexus device(s) will be when they are unveiled in the upcoming months. If you really want the phone now and cant afford the new nexus device it would be a spectacular start to android. I actually contemplated getting the htc surround way back when WP first came to At&T, mainly for the xbox live feature. But i stuck with android and am happy. I tried out a WP based launcher off of google play for a week. I liked its ability to get in and get out of apps in a hurry but got bored after awhile. WP is just to boring and uncustomizable kinda like ios is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    Thanks! Yeah, I know it is outdated. I was also thinking about the HTC One X...but I hate the HTC Sense UI...I admit, I miss metro. I really love the stock experience, but I just want to "explore" android for about 3 months? Lol, I don't stick with something for more than 3 months, just to keep it real. The folks over at WPCentral were pretty upset when they heard about my break from Windows Phone. I think the One X will offer a better resale value. My plan is to flash to Jelly Bean, and then go from there.

I am keeping a Focus...just in case if...you know.

Anyways, I HATED windows phone when it came out at first. After mango it seems everything came together, and I love the user experience. I own a Lumia 900 which I broke the camera on so I sent it in for repair.

I do like, with android, the ability to flash roms (at least it's more flexible).

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Quote Originally Posted by baileystein View Post
    Thanks! Yeah, I know it is outdated. I was also thinking about the HTC One X...but I hate the HTC Sense UI...I admit, I miss metro. I really love the stock experience, but I just want to "explore" android for about 3 months? Lol, I don't stick with something for more than 3 months, just to keep it real. The folks over at WPCentral were pretty upset when they heard about my break from Windows Phone. I think the One X will offer a better resale value. My plan is to flash to Jelly Bean, and then go from there.

I am keeping a Focus...just in case if...you know.

Anyways, I HATED windows phone when it came out at first. After mango it seems everything came together, and I love the user experience. I own a Lumia 900 which I broke the camera on so I sent it in for repair.

I do like, with android, the ability to flash roms (at least it's more flexible).
    Welcome!

Sounds like the nexus is for you if you want stock android experience ..i love android and iOS have many products of both so I am no fanboy..but windows phone is simple and clean looking which reminds me of ios which i like, it is nice to look at I admit but the lack of apps is a dissapointment to me but I envy the lumia 900 such a sexy piece of hardware
    All in all I'm kinda meh about WP
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Resident idiot

Global Posts
    941 Global Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 3, Stock

You can get a wp7 launcher and keyboard

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by cammykool View Post
    You can get a wp7 launcher and keyboard

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    It isn't the same. Trust me. I've tried it before.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by taylorz_412 View Post
    Welcome!

Sounds like the nexus is for you if you want stock android experience ..i love android and iOS have many products of both so I am no fanboy..but windows phone is simple and clean looking which reminds me of ios which i like, it is nice to look at I admit but the lack of apps is a dissapointment to me but I envy the lumia 900 such a sexy piece of hardware
    All in all I'm kinda meh about WP
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the input. Actually, apps are growing (big time!), but I still understand what your saying. You'll never guess who has a cyan lumia 900

Samsung GSIII, HTC 1X and Galaxy Nexus are the 3 androids you can experiment with.

the Nexus currently has an edge cos its already on Jellybeans but GSIII and 1X will upgrade in the next few weeks (hopefully) and their hardware spec with Jellybeans will bury the Nexus