Brand New Smart phone user

dbaxter

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have been a smartphone user exactly four & 1/2 days. Exhausting!
Of course I am learning all the tec chat, the hard way. Can someone tell me, do I really need to pay extra for 'teathering' to US Cellular ? I do want to use my phone as my hotspot. I live in the boonies & have a modem from us cell for i-net now. I get 0.34 mpbs download speed & 0.33 upload - hold on to your hats. US Cellular claims the eagles nest on the tower is preventing them from upgrading to 4g. Regardless, everything is at a snails pace.
I managed to load Foxfi & i did manage to get on with lap top, twice, but its slower yet & web pages or attachments (PDF) won't open.
With foxfi, do I need to 'teather' & pay for that & what is Teathering anyway ???

Sorry I rambled, Thanks for any help

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the Android Central forums! Enjoy! The answer to your question is, yes you do have to pay. There is a way to get it for free. You could root your phone. Now don't ask me personally what that is, Google is your best friend. Also if you look in your phones forum on the site you can find guides and ask questions there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dbaxter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC