1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default samsung infuse i997 no sound help!!!

I just bought a Samsung infuse 4g from a lady at work she has at&t and I have t mobile I bought an unlocking code for the phone and yes it worked I can send text get on web but there is no sound at all during calls when alarms go off no sound no sound period.. I am so lost and confused Samsung walked me thru a soft reset plugging in ear phones 5 to 6 times blowing air into head phone area and I did a full system reboot. I am not sure what to do now. I have already paid almost 200 for the phone and the code and very frustrated BC I'm scared I will never be able to use my phone..someone said I should root my phone but I don't know what that is and I have a tablet not a PC and Samsung kies is not compatible with my device. Do I need to find someones PC and root it and how do I do that? Thank you for any help

Default Re: samsung infuse i997 no sound help!!!

Remove back battery cover. There are 6 screws around frame. Remove all screws. Run a pry tool between front screen and frame to remove outer frame. Once frame is removed look in bottom left hand corner of removed frame. You will see two gold colored prongs. Gently pry them upward so they sit higher. Be careful not to break them. This will correct your no sound issue.